School Bus

Home Forums Education School Bus

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My son starts school in September & I applied to Bus Eireann for their service to bring him to & fro, stating clearly that he was in Junior infants & they sent me an invoice for this service which i paid. So, i thought we were good to go.

But now another mother has told me that Bus Eireann dont have a service to bring the junior kids who finish at 2pm, so they wont be bringing him home, that i need to book him a place on a private bus!!! And pay for this seperately.

I dont understand how bus eireann could send me an invoice & charge me for a service that they are not fully providing? should they not have officially informed me of same? Should i not then only be paying half the fee?

Is this how Bus eireann operate? How is this acceptable?

:evil:

Fabienne

Check again even with school they’ll be able to confirm for sure if there is or not a bus service for junior infants.
    Some school have a facebook page where you could ask about it.
    If not then yes you should be able to only pay half for half service (but do they function like that I have no idea).

Fabienne

Jedt
    Keymaster

Ring Bus Eireann and check – they do 2 drop offs in the afternoons in our area for our school so don’t see why they would not do that in other schools in the area too!

Hope you get sorted.

chewieodie
    Participant

Has everyone rec’d their bus tickets? We haven’t as yet… 🙁

Jedt
    Keymaster

Got 2, waiting on 3rd, Rang them and they said we should have it Monday. If it does not arrive Monday, give them a call and tell them you posted it in on before or on the last day of the deadline!! Don’t give them any excuse not to send it in time!!

HTH

Taylor5

Has everyone rec’d their bus tickets? We haven’t as yet… 🙁

I paid online about 3 weeks before deadline and only got it yesterday, i was in a panic as everyone else had theirs.

MaryE you must be in the same school as my son, he didnt have a free bus at 2pm, the private bus is 16e per week. My ds will be getting the bus home for the first time this year as he is on a 3pm finish, we always paid the full fee for the past 2 years. It is very little to start with and i think its more to do with where the school is and the number of buses, if a bus did a 2pm run it wouldntbe back to the school to do a 3pm run or something like that.
    Good luck and i know i was annoyed and shocked that there was a bus to school but no bus home, but nothing can be done about it.

chewieodie
    Participant

did your extra ticket arrive Sabbi? I did’nt get any post today

chewieodie
    Participant

will you let me know the phone number you used to contact them….. I have sat for so long listening to a phone ringing here…. losing my will to live!

MaryE

Yeah, im still really annoyed about this as i still havent been officially infomed that they wont be bringing him home. No letter was included with the invoice or the bus ticket so how would i even know that they were going to leave him stranded at the school!! Imagine how upsetting his first few days at school would have been if this situation hadn’t accidently come to light. I dont know how they get away with treating children like this & with charging for a service that they are not providing.

I can never get through to them on the phone.

If you booked & paid for a return journey anywhere, you would expect to get what was agreed & what you paid for. And if this was not possible you would expect to be informed in advance and you would not expect to pay for the return trip.!!

I just dont understand how Bus Eireann are getting away with this.

chewieodie
    Participant

I eventually called their general enquiries line, because I’m not having any luck with Dundalk lines, or the Dublin line…. and they told me that I just need to keep trying, even though I’m not getting through…. 👿

So, I’ve sent them an email…. wonder if I’ll get a response?

MaryE

Do you ahve the email address handy?

chewieodie
    Participant

info@buseireann.ie

HOPEFULLY someone will respond…..
    Quite frankly, I don’t know how else to do it…. I’ve been hanging on the phone since last week… and no joy….. 🙄

MaryE

I found another email address:
    schoolsbe@buseireann.ie

chewieodie
    Participant

I just got through to Dundalk!!!!! 😀

My tickets were posted today…. so I should have them in the morning! 😉

Taylor5

MaryE i was never told either, im not sure how i found out! It could have been a school meeting or another parent, not 100% sure

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.