school books

Home Forums National Chat school books

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

I know alot of mums are busy so thisschool book site is a dream, some school book lists are on the site so it pretty handy and quick. You can get books covered for Free and delivery to the CTI store in Drogheda for free, so a saving of 6.50e on postage
    http://www.abcbookshop.ie/

Fabienne

Taylor did you use the collection point in CTI?

Fabienne

mammycool
    Participant

I tried this and could only get the collection points in Galway and Limerick. I ended up using http://www.schoolbookshop.ie – I got 10% discount but you could also getfree book covering instead – you do have to pay shipping.

Fabienne

I had some difficulties as well.
    If you log onto
    abcbooks.ie only pick up Galway / Donegal
    but on
    abcbookshop.ie
    they had a collection in Drogheda. And I did place my order with offer on free cover, paid it for collection, got email confirming it.
    Went in the shop to ask if they received them and they told me they are not a collection point anymore.
    Still it appears on homepage of their second website (both sites look the same, and same customer service phone number).

After few phone calls and email they called me back saying that yes CTI not doing it so they’ll post them to me (hope free of charge).
    But one of the book is not in stock so have to wait.

Just wanted to know if anyone else had the same experience.
    Why the website did allow an option not available.

Fabienne

Taylor5

I did have trouble with the site, i was on abcschoolbookshop.ie and get the free covering, paid for the delivery and got the books the next day, they did give me a refund that i paid on delivery.
    If you get your books sent to the Cti store put ABCFBC in the promo code at the till to get your books covered for FREE…. sorry i thought i posted this up last week. So you can still get delivery to drogheda shop and covered for free
    Good luck and happy shopping

munchin
    Participant

doh i missed the part about collection and paid the € 6.50 to have mine posted from Abcbooks.ie
    I ordered mine on the monday evening and got them in post on the Thurs am, they had all books and free covering. I had checked about 3 other websites and abcbooks was not only the cheapest but also the only one that had all the books available. Now i did order at end of may!

ArtyMum

omahonys.ie have 6% off till the end of June

schoolbooks.ie have a special offer on with those who have a Supervalu card

libby1
    Participant

I never got the book lists yet – we do the book rental scheme and most school books now are workbooks…. so cann’t give them over to anyone

My dd her school uniform is been changed in Sept 2012, so hope to get another year out of her tracksuit..
    My ds heads to secodary school in Sept – new uniforms and book list comes in september

Yipee – Off to the sun tomorrow for 2 weeks………….

Anonymous
    Inactive

our primary school had a ‘swap’ day for school books and are having another one this Monday. LIterally from 2nd -6th class ‘swqp’ books. Brilliant idea 😀

Berry

Hi,
    Free book covering – sounds good to me but I’m not seeing anything about it on ABC? Am I missing something?

Berry

Fabienne

The free cover was a temporary offer, but at the end of your order you can type in a promotional code
    ABCFBC
    then that should do it, and fee of covering is taking of the bill.

Fabienne

scole1

a friend of mine is getting the books for me and getting them covered and delivered for free, so very handy…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.