Scammer phone calls – so bloody annoying!!!

Home Forums National Chat Scammer phone calls – so bloody annoying!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

It drives me mad when the phone rings and its someone claiming to be ‘Microsoft’ saying there might be a virus on my PC and that I need to log in imediately and let them check it – so basically, they can then hack into my PC, upload a virus and then charge me for fixing it.

My poor FIl actually fell for this a while back, he did not realise it was a scam as he is nearly 70 and he paid for the ‘patch’ to fix the problem. We’ve told him not to take these calls again and he knows now but its not his fault, they rang in the middle of the day claiming to be microsoft, why would he not believe them??

These really annoying companies usually call when we are having dinner in the evening but last week, they phoned our landline at 1am!! We were all in bed asleep when the phone rang and my hubby & I leapt up thinking something awful had happened to someone we love (why else would you get a phonecall at 1am) but it turns out it was just these idiots saying they were calling from Microsoft. We were so annoyed!!!!!

They woke us up and at that time, gave us a fright. Next time they call, I am going to blow a whistle down the phone and that will serve them right :evil: :evil:

twink
    Participant

It happen my SIL last summer and she fell for it too- after she was sick that she had been scammed and said if anyone else had said that they fell for it she’d have said "how could they"!!! 😯 yes they can be very convincing, but rule of thumb here is if you don’t know the person ringing you then don’t speak to them.

joeyrudd

they did that on my aunty in law last year and charged her a fortune for supposedly fixing it, they wrecked her computer it took my husband a week to fixit properly
    the bit that really got me was her husband was dying of cancer at the time and as well as that stress and upset she had to deal with those bloody spineless scum doing that to her
    lucky for her my dh is an IT tech….they just want money they don’t care how they get it

Jedt
    Keymaster

Thats terrible Joey – they are horrible 👿

We are used to them calling during the day but in the middle of the night – idiots! Must put a whistle or vuvuzela by the phone in our room for if they call again!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.