SCAM WARNINGS!!

Home Forums National Chat SCAM WARNINGS!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

A couple of scams doing the rounds at present;

One is where you receive a call on your mobile saying it is an engineer with your network doing a test and requesting you press #9 (or something similar), apparantly they can access your sim details.

The other one is a card in your door that says you’ve missed a parcel delivery and gives a number to call to arrange re-delivery. The number is a premium rate that allegedly can cost hundreds of euro.

Don’t press numbers if requested by a stranger on your mobile and unless you know the number on a card (and are expecting a parcel!) don’t ring. You can always google a correct number if in doubt.

Dave.

Taylor5

Most companies use An Post, Target or UPS. At this time of the year most people are expecting parcels, internet orders or gifts through the post…. thanks for the warning i will ring my mother now and tell her

pookie2

In the last two weeks I’ve been called a few times on my house phone by some Indian-sounding guys trying to convince me that my computer has been attacked by a virus. Sure it has….. 😆

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.