Safe local places to go walking?

Home Forums Louth Chat Safe local places to go walking?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    trixiebell
    Participant

Was talking about this the other day, and would love to know any places that I could go walking with the kids and it needs to be safe so I can let them run around and burn off some energy. Will need to be able to bring a pram as well.

Any recommendations?

Taylor5

happy was only telling me about the commons in Duleek…. thats not too far from you there is a playground too

munchin
    Participant

must ask happy about the commons – i hate walking around duleek due to lack of footpaths – even going to our playground means walking a patch without footpaths so i’d love to know where happy means to get out more

happymumblemum
    Participant

Hey Trix why don’t you go down to Oldbridge visitor centre..2 min drive from you and there is plenty of safe space to walk run or play football, you can get a cuppa in the cafe there too..I love it down here, will start to take the dog in a couple of weeks , I will meet you for a walk if you like!

trixiebell
    Participant

thanks for the replies girls!

Happy, can u give us more info on the commons place?

HMM, yes could meet down there one of the days no probs and the boys run riot lol!

Taylor5

oh forgot about that place hmm… we have been a few times ds1 loves the hills on the right and its not too bad for pushing a buggy… we had a football and we were all happy..very safe for kids to run free

Martina
    Participant

I know its probaly not Local to you, but its still in Co. Louth….. Stephenstown Pond is in Knockbridge just outside Dundalk. There is a big Duck Pond with a lovely walk around it, kids playground, coffee shop, loads of places for picnic’s and sometimes they run events also. Santa always visits and I’m sure the Easter Bunny does too, the events are usually posted on a noticeboard at the function room beside the coffee shop. They have space for Birthday Parties, etc. also. Its a nice place for an afternoon house, I think its €3 for the Car Park and that goes straight back into the upkeep of the park.

http://www.stephenstownpond.com/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.