running track?

Home Forums Louth Chat running track?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    travelgirl

hello all
    I have recently taken up running and was wondering if anyone knew of a running track, or even park/roads etc that people would recommend me using. I am currently running/walking around estate (grange rath) or on roads close by but dont like running with loads around, people or cars?

Taylor5

There is a running/walking club in Bryanstown up Hazel lane in the fields, its tuesdays and Thursdays at 7pm.. when you start off you go into a Walking group, then you either stay as you are or move into a different group, its 1e.
    I havent gone yet but keep meaning to, if you are like myself and dont fancy going alone i could spin over and pick you up and head down together.

Mark Acu

I know its the opposite side of town but Oldbridge Estate is perfect. They have lots of paths cut out that you can run around the large open areas and you will never get bored. There are some small hills or you can run totally on the flat.

The area is big so you wont be pumping into people all the time yet its safe.

If you have some spare time over the weekend go and check it out and have a coffee after in the walled garden.

Enjoy

Mark

taurusdebs

travelgirl,

am in the same boat,

am in Deepforde, and there is only 1 way to go wen u come outta the estate grrrrrrrrrrr,

Taylor5

Oldbridge is lovely, there is a lovely route, park over the bridge where the fishermen park, walk/run up the canal, then into the estate and back down the Ave, out onto the road along the canal and back to the car.

I walk down the dublin road, down to Tuites butchers, up the hill at millmount Tower, then up under the rail bridge, left onto the crossroute (the road staffords is on) Then back onto the Dublin Road and home… nice walk/Run

kjmam

boyne athletics track meadowview

travelgirl

hi all,

not sure if i am up to standard of a running group but will let you know taylor when i am and i have it in writing that you are going to join with me!!
    KJMAM is anyone allowed to use that place?
    Started using the couch to 5k programme, now i am the original couch potato and would never ran even down the driveway but now am up and running, give it a go !

Taylor5

Travelgirl they have different groups, the first one you start in is a walking only group, you can stay in the group or work your way up… im going to bite the bullet and head down, someday! 😆 😆 😆

ed1
    Participant

Travelgirl, you dont have to join the running club to run in the field up at meadowview. My DH runs over there on a monday, Wednesday and Friday evening. The club uses it on a Tuesday and Thursday evening.

Taylor5

Travelgirl, you dont have to join the running club to run in the field up at meadowview. My DH runs over there on a monday, Wednesday and Friday evening. The club uses it on a Tuesday and Thursday evening.

Safety in numbers, i wouldnt run about a field on my own!! 😉

trixiebell
    Participant

the one in meadowview is Drogheda District AC and they have a facebook page, hth!

My hubby goes on a tues and thursday night 7 – 8pm

Taylor5

I thought i seen him about a week ago, well your people carrier anyway and someone wearing a bright green top, didnt think it was you trixie 😆 😆 😆

trixiebell
    Participant

ah yep it would have been the road runner then lol

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.