Rude Adults

Home Forums National Chat Rude Adults

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    libby1
    Participant

Hi Guys

I was just shocked i was at a funeral today and a group of adults behind me never stopped talking….
    I did turn around and looked at them twice but they just continued… it was horrible…

scole1

i know people really don’t know when and where to keep mouth shut or remember their manners….

i was in dublin yesterday going through a doorway with 2 kids and instead of the people who were coming forward after i opened the door would stand back to let us through they barged their way through….have found alot of rude people about…..

but at a funeral, god wait until you get to the afters not while the person is being blessed…

hjs

I went to my second funeral in Ireland last year and was horrified. It was a big funeral for someone who was well-known and extremely well-loved. People standing, that kinda thing. There was women coming in halfway thru with buggies, standin at back chattin, I honestly thought they musta come in for the warm! Also a trio behind me the same, chat chat chat all the way thru. I was aghast and perplexed to say the least, consider it the height of disprespect.

But then the first one I went to was in a small country church, packed to the rafters and totally diff, utterly silent and respectful throughout.

Modern thing or town vs country thing or what?

Taylor5

My mother was at a funeral a few months ago and she said 2 of the very old women who were with her just chatted and chatted all through the service!!! She was very upset….

I was in SH with the boys and ds1 got out of the lift on level 1, 2 woman were chatting away i couldnt get the buggy past them and they had half the door blocked said Excuse me 3 or 4 times and chat chat chat just went on, the doors started to close so i just lunged forward as ds1 was out on the mall….. clipped the ould dears leg with the buggy (didnt intend too and did say sorry) and the sour dirty looks and comment of "how rude" 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

hjs

I think folk have just got more and more self-absorbed and less in the habit of considering others as well as/instead of themselves. Really sad state of affairs.

I HATE it when people like that in supermarkets, stop their trolley at skew-wiff angle in middle of aisle and leave it, stan chatting in front of the milk, and my BIGGEST bugbear, and sorry ladies, it’s mostly us whose responsible…purchases on belt, scnned thru, bag them, checkout operator finishes, says how much, woman still stands packing, finishes at her leisure, THEN starts rooting for purse (ages), then can’t find loyalty card (checks all pockets of bag), then remembers she has money off vouchers…etc etc etc . I LOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTHE it, drives me beserk! I always have laser and clubcard in hand ready before i even put 1st purchase on belt. And if i haven’t fin packing bags by time she says bill, i just thgrow all introlley and move to empty checkout and finish bag poacking there.

Crazy how so many people think the world begins and ends with them…

Taylor5

Hjs that bugs the shit out of me…. they just stop and chat and your like "hello"
    I put my shopping on the belt as i want them bagged and unloaded in the kitchen etc Anal i know!! But if i have stuff for upstairs it goes on the belt in that order so i just lash the stuff into the bags, give the cards over finish packing and by the time the lazer had cleared and cashback given im stacking the last bag on the trolly…. have routine down to fine art.

Something that DOES MY HEAD IN TESCO…. they have moved their lazer pads to the inside of the checkout im only 5’4 so i have to nearly climb onto the feckin till to reach and hide keypad etc.
    When the lazer was in the old area beside the till, more then once i had the next customer standing down at the key pad…. eh could you please give me room so i can do my banking IN PRIVATE!!!!!

Martina
    Participant

One of my pet bugs is the walking from the Church to the Graveyard at a funeral…. if we dressed up it would be no more respectful than having a St. Patrick’s Day Parade behind the Hearse and its always the older folk who do it, see people they haven’t met since the last one.

munchin
    Participant

taylor tis not anal i do exactly the same thanks to my mother……… and after years of persuaion dh does the shopping like that now too 😆 😆 😆

Anonymous
    Inactive

I do have a problem with people talking in a church while a funeral service is going on….it is disrespectful. But walking behind the hearse to a graveyard is usually a time when people chat, even family members of the deceased. I don’t have a problem with that as 9/10 its usually something about the person who has died. I remember walking behind my Nana’s hearse and we were all chatting about Nana and telling funny stories about her. It was a really hard time having to walk behind Nana’s coffin and a smile and a laugh remembering her was nice I thought.

hjs

Yeah I’m with u on the bagging Taylor, makes more sense.

Another thing does my head in is standing in doorways – do that and u r doubly selfish in my pov, blocking those trying to enter and leave a place!!!!! GRRRRRRR…!!!

MaryE

Yeah, chatting in church at any occasion is wrong.

But you are making me laugh with your packing the shopping bags melarky -hilarious. You’re just too organised.

Taylor5

Sparkley my mother-in-law was up in Drogheda at a funeral and she nearly had a stroke, she moaned for days "i had to WALK MILES in my heels and with my bad back!"…… Ah shut up its only up the road not MILES 😆 😆 😆 😆

Pet hate people not picking up their dogs shite 😈 😈 😈 I was in traffic on the dublin road and an girl let her dog shit and was about to walk away i was beeping and roaring "pick up your shite!!!!" Think my kids think im mad, but ds2 26months joined in roaring "pick up your shite" 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 I drove away roaring laughing

or other dog walkers who dont put their dog on a tight lead when either passing other dogs or children on the footpath, im killed tell my ds2 not to touch strange dogs, this doesnt help if your walking the dog on a long lead 🙄 🙄 🙄

Nosey people/neighbours only today a workman was leaving the house and i walked him out and was taking the bin in at the same time, this woman who i dont really know said "thats the 3rd workman in your house this week" I was like "is it, thanks!" she then asked "what are you getting done"….. felt like saying "oh, nothing just fancied a ride" 😆 😆 😆 😆

blonde

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 OH TAYLOR YOUR NUTS!!!!!(IN A GOOD WAY)

julymam

Sparkley my mother-in-law was up in Drogheda at a funeral and she nearly had a stroke, she moaned for days "i had to WALK MILES in my heels and with my bad back!"…… Ah shut up its only up the road not MILES 😆 😆 😆 😆

Pet hate people not picking up their dogs shite 😈 😈 😈 I was in traffic on the dublin road and an girl let her dog poo and was about to walk away i was beeping and roaring "pick up your shite!!!!" Think my kids think im mad, but ds2 26months joined in roaring "pick up your shite" 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 I drove away roaring laughing

or other dog walkers who dont put their dog on a tight lead when either passing other dogs or children on the footpath, im killed tell my ds2 not to touch strange dogs, this doesnt help if your walking the dog on a long lead 🙄 🙄 🙄

Nosey people/neighbours only today a workman was leaving the house and i walked him out and was taking the bin in at the same time, this woman who i dont really know said "thats the 3rd workman in your house this week" I was like "is it, thanks!" she then asked "what are you getting done"….. felt like saying "oh, nothing just fancied a ride" 😆 😆 😆 😆

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 Hillllllarious!!

Can’t stand that checkout thing aswell when people think others have all day to stand around waiting for them, taking their time..i do put my stuff on belt according to how i’m gonna pack them in the bags aswell! just saves so much time cos u dont have to think about it when ur packing, just shove the stuff into the bag 😆 😆

Taylor I hate nosy neighbours, I dont have any where I live now but my parents road is full of them! My mam does be telling me this and that, some of them would only talk to you when they want to know something or to gossip about so and so 🙄 🙄

happymumblemum
    Participant

😆 😆 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.