Royal Visit… should it still go ahead?

Home Forums National Chat Royal Visit… should it still go ahead?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

the troubles I think are going to start again , its just getting so so so nasty out there again.
    I would HATE for anything to happen any Royal Figure on Irish soil… Its just wrong..

Taylor5

God love that poor woman having this trip to look forward to, what if The Queen of England is injured or worse killed on Irish soil during an offical visit… im afraid for that woman now and our country if something like that happened. I was really looking forward to her visit, but now i think its a bad idea and im afraid for her safety
    Will there ever be peace in Ireland…. the Queen of England is wanted for War Crimes in Ireland!!! 😯 Are these people for real??
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0425/rira.html

happymumblemum
    Participant

I reckon there is still a real danger out there to The Queen, plenty of crazies who would happily be shot dead after they put a bullet in her…

There will be loads of demonstrations around the place too..generally fronted by scum bags wearing Chelsea and Man UTD jerseys 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 pri*ks..

I wouldn’t want to be within 50 miles of where she will be…

From what I heard she is going to Moore Street and Croke Park..lucky her 🙄 😆

LouthMam

Who are these people? These idiots who do not represent the Irish people? How dare they come out and make these threats and walk away without anyone stopping them? Do they not see the outrage and disgust at that poor PSNI officer’s murder?
    If anything happens on this state visit, we will lose any goodwill and good reputation we may have built up overseas. Embarrassing, backward, apalling scumbags is all they are. What century are we in for goodness sake?

Jedt
    Keymaster

It is completely embarrassing, it was bad enough we were the laughing stock of Europe with our banking crisis but this is a whole new level of shame. You said it right Louthmam – they do NOT represent us. Quite the opposite in fact.

Their threats are hideous. We have moved on as a nation and should be getting on with our British neighbours, not threatening them. Such a high proportion of our exports go to the UK – so aside from the horrible nature of these threats, we need to maintain good relations with them for the sake of our economy.

It is so sad to be in the midst of this nonsense again when we thought this was all behind us.

If her visit is cancelled, it will give them more power than they deserve but if I was her, I would be reluctant to come now. Shameful carry on.

Moonflower

its great to see support for the British Royalty and british people on here and I dont like the idea of the Queen coming to Ireland but for her safety as have heard many negative comments about this….

was listening to radio coming back from airport today after a trip home & the news on the royal wedding was 80% of irish people say they wont be watching it…from reading on here many will but it seems as if people are actually embarrassed to admit they would like to watch it….which is what they were discussing…

Taylor5

its great to see support for the British Royalty and british people on here and I dont like the idea of the Queen coming to Ireland but for her safety as have heard many negative comments about this….

was listening to radio coming back from airport today after a trip home & the news on the royal wedding was 80% of irish people say they wont be watching it…from reading on here many will but it seems as if people are actually embarrassed to admit they would like to watch it….which is what they were discussing…

if she was my Queen i wouldnt want her coming here, not now! I love the Royals i always have, we are Irish through and through, my great grandfather did fight in the Battle of the Somme, my dad did work in Buckingham Palace in the 50’s, my older brother and sister were born in Epsom Surrey, as kids we always watched the Queens Speech on Christmas day…… i grew up listening to stories from my parents about the Queen and princess Margareth or the Queen Mother.
    Both my mam and i were sooo looking forward to the visit, but as HMM said i wont go withinn 50 miles of the woman or travel to Dublin due to safety issues.
    Louthmum your right those idiots done speak for the rest of us Irish people (only 300 turned up in Derry) I did read in one of the Sunday rags that a Sinn Fein spokesperson said she "doesnt mind if a Granny gets a bullet in the head". As most of you know i have posted up how i cant stand Gerry Adams and his sort, if this woman is an offical spokes person for the party, what are Mr Adams feelings on this topic? Does he think its okay for statements like this to be made? If anything happens the Queen and Gerry and his cronies dont condemn it, they should be made stand down from there Dail seats
    Moonflower i will be watching the Wedding (if i can) i might send dh out playing golf 😆 😆 😆 I would love to sit in my pj’s ALL DAY with treats. I would watch from 10.30am to close of play if i could, i think we all remember the excitement of the Lady Diana wedding, it was like a real life Cindrella

mammycool
    Participant

This debate amazes me. The Queen is a figure head in the Uk – don’t think she actually has anything much in the way of powers. What sort of cowards feel brave threatening an old woman?

I know that it takes time to heal old wounds but unless you have actually lived in NI and been part of the more recent troubles or had someone ingured or killed – I cannot imagine what their problem is.

The people of NI, consider themselves Northern Irish – the divide is religous. It is getting to the stage that the Catholics will be the majority in NI. Yet, if you were to do a survey – I think you would find that they would not want to be part of our country. They are better off financially as part of the UK.

The so called Catholics in the south, fighting the cause for catholics, are most likely non practicing. How can you fight for religous beliefs and then hurt or kill someone?

scole1

there has already been bomb scares about

i think for reaction realy….

she is planning on visiting where my dh is working and there was a bomb removal there the other day….

i just hope that people aren’t stupid to try and do anything, it’s not just the queen that could get hurt but many many innocent people…..

(and people thought the world was a safer place without osama bin laden, i don’t think so)

Taylor5

I know the amount of devices that are getting planted about is just terrible…. i was talking to a few Garda friends of mine over thepast few days, i was saying i was thinking of going up to Dublin and they said DONT!! 😯
    They are expecting trouble during her visit and they are borrowing water cannons from the North for crowd control…. doesnt sound nice at all!

How can people be so bitter, can people just not forgive and move on with life

scole1

it’s sad really, pathetic……

they are currently sealing manholes etc etc

Taylor5

i know but the poor garda have to go down and check before its sealed

Moonflower

we wont be going up either..it is such a shame but maybe this goes on for all her royal visits..thats what Dh said when i said to him about it..just we dont hear bout it…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.