Robert Dunlop RIP

Home Forums National Chat Robert Dunlop RIP

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

As you might have seen Robert Dunlop died last Thursday evening after crashing his motorbike at a practice session of the Northwest 200.
    Im just looking at the highlights and Im in flood of tears watching it, he 20 year old some Michael who is a racer too, went ahead with his race (250cc) and won it. The poor chap was in tears and was so emotional. Its sooo sad and Im sure his dad would have been very proud of him.
    Say a prayer for the Dunlop family and that this will be the last Dunlop to die while racing

scole1

i know read the story about them and how robert had a very serious accident the last time he tried to race that race, this was his first 250cc race since his accident and in the warm up’s he died, obviously not meant to race that race but so happy that his son did the honour and won it for his dad, a race his dad so desperately wanted to race……very sad that 2 brothers lost their life doing something they loved so much 2 racing greats……

Taylor5

Yeah its a good few years since his accident, but he would normally race 125cc rather then the 250cc, he sons race the 250cc bikes. Its heart breaking, dont know how the mother watched or watches her boys race knowing the dangers, but I suppose its in the blood
    All my fathers family raced and we had motorbikes as kids, my sister had an accident and that was the end of that. Dont think I could let ds on a motorbike 🙄

Yvonne

It is very sad and fair play to the son going on an racing too. He made his Dad very proud.
    Don’t like motorbikes myself, think they are very dangerous, my brother and his wife had a very serious accident years ago on one and it put me off them!

MaryK

Yeah it was very sad. It seems the news is full of deaths 🙁

I was surprised the son raced. I don’t why he did that. Surely the best testament to his Dad would be to pull out of this obviously dangerous sport which has taken more than one of his close family members. I understand if it is all you know, but racing is dangeorus and motorbikes are the worst. How many mothers here would be happy if there son wanted a motorbike, or bought a motorbike??

If the professionals are dying regualarly what hope is there for our young boys. 🙁

happymumblemum
    Participant

very sad to hear this.

Motorbikes whilst thrilling for some absoltely terrify me, I lost a close friend of mine in a motorbike accident , he was overtaking at huge speeds on a straight country road in England and he went headlong at over 120 in to a tractor..his head inside his helmet was found 2 fields away from where the rest of his body lay .

His life was cut short at 23.

Sorry for the gorey story but Motorbikes and 95% of the population especially young lads do not mix at all. I would be very afraid if someone in my family got in to Motorbikes in that way…

MaryK

Ahh HMM very sad. I too lost a friend to a motorbike accidentsome years ago. He was going to fast and that was it, his life gone, that quick. It was a terrible shame and something I will never forget.

Taylor5

I had a bike untill I had a crash at 18, it was a stupid accident but my parents went mental and the bike had to go. My dad then got me a car 😆 😆 😆

MaryK

You rebel Taylor…I can just see you now, cruising down the Dublin road,raising hell. 😀

Taylor5

Well it was a tiny bike an AR80, so a bit bigger then a moped. 😳 😳 😳

happymumblemum
    Participant

My friend years ago had a green FZ 50 we thought he was the coolest guy ever.

I asked him for a go on his bike one day and he gave it to me revved up ..needless to say I was running along side it at the park until after about 100 mietres me and the bike fell over 😳 😳 😳 😳

Something broke on it and he wanted a fiver to fix it …i darent tell my mum so I stole the money from my grannies tin 😳 😳 😳

oh the shame 😆

Yvonne

Sorry HMM, laughing here, the shame of it all!! 😆

happymumblemum
    Participant

yes its a funny story alright, still remember it well!!!!!!!!!!! my legs couldnt keep up with the bike 😆 😆 😆 evryone who was there still laughs about that when we are reminscing 😆 😆

Taylor5

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Your poor nana, did you ever tell her you robbed her tin?

happymumblemum
    Participant

😆 no I never told her, even worse I actually broke in to the house, he front door used to open with a shove even when it was locked and I did that ha ha ha ha she never actually noticed either the door nor the money!!!

I remember this like it was yesterday 😆

Dont try this at home kids

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.