Rip off kids hair cuts in Mothercare

Home Forums National Chat Rip off kids hair cuts in Mothercare

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Sabrinab 08

Hi girls, just thought id warn any mums planning on going to the kids hair dressers in Mothercare,DONT! My friend just rang me and she’s just fuming!!!! :evil:
    She was in looking for a bday present in the clothes section and notcied the hair dressers, her little man is just over 2 and the barbers is not his fav place and needless to say his hair grow’s v quickly so she decided to give this place a go as they have the amusement of kiddies tv on while they cut their hair. he was in the seat for all of 6 mins max.. he had a no 2 all over, the girl didnt take a scissors out or do any tapering , just a razor and charged my friend 16 euro’s.. she nearly died.. she told them it was scomplete rip off and that the barbers is normally 7.. to which she was told"oh did you not know it was that orice" my friend replied with of course not if i had i wouldnt have put him in the chair in the 1st place.. a girls dry hair cut is 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel that is absolutley extortionate and is typical of why this countyr is the way it is!!!.. just to be aware ladies i thought id drop a line about it!

Anonymous
    Inactive

A real rip off…….especially for the boys cut…..barbers are so much cheaper………have they a price list up?

Tip for going to a barber….from a mum whose son was terrified…….I brought him to just sit and watch a few times and told the barber he was afraid so he talked to him and made it a good experience.

happymumblemum
    Participant

Gosh that is expensive, yes what a rip off

Taylor5

God thats a shocking price!!!!

Yvonne

I got my DD’s hair cut there after Christmas and she done a bad job on it, it was about an inch longer on one side! She didn’t even section the hair and I was charged €18 for the pleasure – wouldn’t go near the place again!

munchin
    Participant

actually while we’re on the topic – i need to get dd’s hair cut – it’s only ever been trimmed – think it’s time we did it properly – i was going to try mothercare but not now – any ideas on where i should take her?

happymumblemum
    Participant

I have always found any good hairdresser will cut a childs hair quite cheaply.

scole1

yeah usually a good hairdressers will be comfortable enough to cut a child’s hair….

regards boys, the green man in drogheda is great, there’s a guy in there Craig, he’s really nice and does a nice job my ds hated getting his hair cut and went with taylor’s son as that’s where they went and he was happy then when he saw him get hair cut, Craid was very patient and he only let’s him do his hair, and gets a lolly, and 7euro….

Yvonne

Munchin, I’m sure the hairdressers in the village would be good, I only know Rita in A touch of class – don’t know the other hairdressers…
    My sister always cut E’s hair, but can’t wait for her to come home from England!! We are going over at Easter and she will be cutting it then!

yummymummy

Isnt this the same place that used to be on west street, but closed down.
    madness i got j hair cut their on west street there before €10 for the privilidge of him watching nemo on dvd, and it was a shite haircut!!!!!!

town centre barbers all the way for j.

for girls, would you not just bring her to a hairdressers??

Yvonne

The first time E got her hair cut in hairdressers was last September or so.. and she made a balls of it… I straightened her hair to check it and it was so uneven with longer bits underneath, I was fuming! Brought her back to get it fixed and she didn’t apologise, just said childrens hair is very hard to cut! Mmmm, my sister always gets it perfect!, so its not impossible!

munchin
    Participant

i’m not sure that E will sit still but i just want the ends trimmed for now – it’s really only been trimmed and is well past her shoulders now – must try one of the ones in the village at home maybe next w/e – few things on this sat

joey_rudd

town centre barbers all the way for j.

thats were we get L’s hair cut to very good with him and they don’t rip you off either
    really need to pay them a visit soon he can’t see because his hairs getting in his eyes

ed1
    Participant

town centre barbers all the way for j

My 2 boys go there too. Very good value.

anyone know anywhere on the town i can my dds hair cut its a show its really mad i had to cut her fringe me self and a bit at the back of it that was longer than rest. somewere were they have lots of patience.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.