Revamp your wardrobe this Spring!

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT Beauty & Fashion for Hot Mamas & Cute Kids! Revamp your wardrobe this Spring!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Style Fish

It’s that time of the year again. New Year, New Diet Regime, New work ethic, New Years Resolutions to focus on. A Totally New You! Right. Let’s get real. If we achieve one out of three, that ain’t bad. I mean in the weather we have been having its hard to get to work let alone anything else.

But what about our style? How can we give our wardrobes a much needed shake up after the Hareem pants and neon coats become too much for our post Christmas eyes?

All too often at this time of year, it’s full of unsuitable clothes or those that no longer fit. So now is the time to revamp your wardrobe on a budget (after all, those credit card bills are due in soon) with some carefully chosen key pieces to take you through the season.

The key is to plan a capsule wardrobe of staple pieces for spring, so choose classic items in neutral shades that work well together, such as whites, greys and navys. A simple shift dress is the ultimate low maintenance piece that can be glamorised with jewellery and a pair of heels.

Alternatively, wear it over a shirt for a business-like approach in the workplace. A pencil skirt is smart for the office when teamed with a structured shirt, and can carry on through to the evening with a change of top and some jewellery. For the weekend, team it with a soft, wool, cropped jacket, ankle boots and opaque tights for a relaxed yet chic outfit. Finally, don’t forget a classic trench coat.

Check out the High Street for lots of different versions on our Ideas. Especially places like H & M, GAP, A Wear, Debenhams & Dunnes Stores! Or blow the budget in Massimo Dutti in Dundrum, LK Bennett & Karen Millen. Either way remember these are wardrobe stables that will bring you right through a number of seasons!

Style Fish
    Jx

scole1

i’m so revamping my wardrobe this year, reallyneeds it

Yvonne

Me too – have done through all my drawers and am getting rid of more than half the stuff as I hadn’t worn them in ages! Have to be ruthless every so often!

Next job is the wardrobe….

Style Fish

Hi Yvonne!

it is hard (especially the wardrobes!) but it is worth it in the end. It is actually a great time to do a good spring clean of your clothes as there are so many swap shops in Dublin and around the country now so you don’t have to feel so bad about not wearing things because you can either swop them for something you will wear or make some money from them by letting the swop shops sell them for you!

Some of the money can go towards purchases you hopefully will wear! Check out Swop Shop in Temple Bar – they have a great service going.

Style Fish

Yvonne

That sounds interesting!!

You could have a job styling us all for the OT Finale!

Style Fish

Bring it on!!!

Good luck by the way ladies! Hope its going well 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.