Research

Home Forums Introduce Yourself Research

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Mumstown Users,
    I am a researcher for a documentary company and I’m developing a new doc looking at surrogacy in Ireland and the lack of legislation around it. I’m really interested to talk to as many couples and families as possible who have either gone through or are thinking about surrogacy.

I appreciate this is a very private issue for most people but I am really interested in finding out as many of the issues involved as possible. I’d like to hear different peoples reasons for going down that route or even for just considering it. I’d also like to find out what research couples might do on the subject and to what lengths, financially, emotionally etc families are prepared to go to to build their families.

I can be contacted on email ctaylor@belowtheradar.tv or on telephone number 0044 2890 315 893. We are an independent production company based in Belfast and I am very happy to answer questions from anyone about my research. I am also very willing to talk to couples anonymously initially if they would prefer that.

Many Thanks for any help you may be able to offer me!
    Claire :-)

Anonymous
    Inactive

The costs are supposedly astronomical…..it is an area that gets little attention. couples struggling with fertility issues are not very well supported in Ireland, with the lack of help towards IVF treatments and lack of support & information & legislation around surrogacy

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your reply. All of those reasons are why I’m hoping to hear from some couples going through it. It’s such a draining process, emotionally, financially and physically that I’d really like to hear some personal stories, especially as the joy of a baby then can make it all worth while.
    Thanks,
    Claire

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.