rent allowance

Home Forums Louth Chat rent allowance

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    carly

hi all!! does anyone know anything about what happened to the rent allowance in the budget? my neighbour is in receipt of same and was told by a taxi driver yesterday that rent allowance is being halved next month. im not sure if its true, but i told her id try and find out and let her know a.s.a.p as she is up the walls with worry. :( surely they cant be doing that..she is lucky she only has one child and she is 13..but as a lone parent this will mean she has to pay €140 a week on rent..as if things aren’t tough enough on people without this being landed on them… :x [/i]

scole1

contact social welfare or citizen’s advice they’ll be able to advise…..

carly

thanks scole1, i rang them for her.. they said they havent had confirmation on it yet but it is going to be reduced..

scole1

hopefully you’ll know soon…pain in the ass having to wait….

hjs

To quote from "Donohoe News", a double sided a4 glossy summary of supplementary budget details that landed in my door yest (could there be an election imminent by any chance?!?) "Rent Supplement – Rent Supplement (RS) will be reduced and there will also be other changes to the Rent Supplement eligilbility and payment regime number." He puts contact details as 087 636 8080 or anthonyjdonohoe@eircom.net so might be worth trying him.

Mimi Lee

hi, my sil works for social welfare and she said that there was talks that its being cut by 8 %,
    hope this helps

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.