Renault Scenic – Dashboard Problem

Home Forums Louth Chat Renault Scenic – Dashboard Problem

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Bibi

Hi ,

I wanted to ask anyone that has a Renault Scenic if they have had any problems with there Dashboard going blank , which means you have to pay €400+ to get it fixed by renault …
    This is a problem with Renault Scenic and they are not recalling them.

Ours is a 04 , i called Customer Complaints today anf logged my call @ 11.30am I was assured that a Senior Manager would call me back within 4 hours… STILL WAITING.

I called back 4 times and was told he could not be reached…[:(!][:(!][:(!]

i am fuming.we are expected to pay this , them knowing its a fault.

Taylor5

I have a laguna 03, but about 2 years ago or more I started having trouble with my airbag light coming on and my aircon display going blank…. well in the heal of the hunt I was told my on board computer was fecked and it would cost 800euro plus labour and vat!!!!!
    It wasnt covered as the warrenty had just run out, I was soooo peed off, I sent emails and make tonnes of calls but nothing from head office, after 3 years you dont expect the cars computer to fail…… left the car in for next service and I asked them to ahve a look at it, was told on collecting the car that there was nothing wrong with the car 😯
    It was the same garage so I dont know if service guy no1 or service guy no2 got it wrong.
    Good luck but dont hold you breath on getting a call back soon….. Oh just to mention both my window regulators have gone, replaced the drivers side 350euro, but refuse to replace passener one. I rang them about this, I was told again it was out of warrenty and only the megan gets its regulators covered out of warrent as they give trouble….. Eh so does the Laguna if both mine are Fu^ked!
    Moral of the story, Dont buy a Renault again…..well I wont anyway

Almae

girls girls ,

Renault have owned up to the fault in the Dahboards on Scenic II 😀

see link http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/mot … 01835.html

it means that if you have already forked out like me , you will get a percentage of it back.

I wasonto my local dealer this morning and they said they will do the necessary and I should have some monies back in 5-6 weeks.

Taylor5

Have they owned up to the regulator problem in the laguna? They did for the megan but not the laguna (the last I heard)……. Might give them a call about my onboard computer as its a still a bit doggy….. might be the same type

pumbainga

Almae , i cant open link you tiped, can you tell me what was there?
    Our Dashboard died in June this Year, we have 05 Renault Grande Scenic.
    Because we were 2 days away from our holiday, which ment, 3000 km driving by car, we fixed it asap, and Dundalk was only place which had one dashboard in stock. So we paid i think 390 E.

At first it went blank few times and then it died , it just swithched of , totaly darkness.

pumbainga

Ok,i found the article, will ring them. 🙄

scole1

Just to let ya know they covered this a few weeks ago on watchdog on bbc, so check watchdog website, very interestng and will give you ammo to contact renault ireland…..

i now watch watchdog every week….

trixiebell
    Participant

my dad is a mechanic, and he said the Renaults are renowned for their electrical faults!!!

I have a Scenic and the fan works some days and doesnt on other days and the back window isnt working either, only reason I have it is there is good amounr of room in it for the kids.

Taylor5

I have a list of electrical problems on my laguna…. mine is the sports model not very many as limited edition and loads of electrical extras…. most that dont work… window regulators 2 gone in 4 years…. Airbag/ onboard computer gives trouble, Aircon plays up all the time…. Car fogs up 100% in about 4 seconds have had to pull over more than once
    I’d love to get rid of it and buy a new car, but I’d never get such a high spec car, love my full leather seats with kids, anything I can afford has cloth seat covers

scole1

hate to say it though, but Taylor you know what i say about FRENCH CARS – don’t drive them…having worked in the industry they were the ones ya stayed away from….

but check watchdog website they did a big special on the dashboards was the senic2 only, that gave the problems, in the end renault agreed to do the replacement dashboards for 100stg, however as it’s a new dashboard a record of actual mileage needs to be kept…

Taylor5

I have to say I love mine, you hit the M1 and it goes from 0 to 125k in a few seconds…. dh is always tring to rob it on me as its much faster then his, love little boy racer giving it loads to the mammy with the 2 kids in the car…….. and then they eat my dust 😳 😳 😳 Still a little girl racer in me 😆 😆 😆 Love the power in it…..
    I drove 2 or 3 fords and WOULDNT TOUCH ONE IF i GOT IT FOR FREE :lol::lol: 😆
    Horses for courses

scole1

i’ve a ford car and it’s alright again depends on what ya get…but wouldn’t buy a french car that’s for sure… 😆 i would have if i could perhaps a rolls royce silver shadow not economical but hey 😆 😆 😆 or the new 5 door porche

Taylor5

Ah we live in hope…. I’d be very modest just a Ranger Rover Sports and my own service station to go along with it

trixiebell
    Participant

I would love an x5 jeep, in my dreams!

Taylor5

We should all do the lotto tomorrow

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.