Remembering our children who have died at Christmas time.

Home Forums Louth Chat Remembering our children who have died at Christmas time.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    MUMMY5

Anamcara, a support group for parents who have lost a child, are holding their ‘Ceremony of Light’ today in Barretstown. Its time out for families who have lost a child to remember our children in the run up to Christmas. I’ll be lighting a candle for my own daughter, but I’ll be thinking of all Mumstown parents who have sadly lost a child. Christmas can be one of those really tough times when so much is centered around children and Santa coming.

http://www.anamcara.ie/events/activitie … f_life.php

Will be thinking of you and your little girl today MUMMY5 xxxx

Almae

hugs mummy5 , still think of your reading at john edwards daily.

****huge hugs to you and your family ****

mumof2

Mummy5

I can’t even begin to think what it must be like this time of year for you and your family. It has to be extremly difficult. I have just been on to the link and have read through the book of rememberance. Though stuff. Mummy5 you are great to post the link and perhaps somebody else who has suffered a loss could get support through "Anam Cara". Its a great organisation and does wonderful work and its people like you that are attending, all of you, who are there that support each other. Hugs.

ed1
    Participant

Thinking of you C at this time….

scole1

thinking of you and all the families who are remembering their little ones this christmas……xxxx

Taylor5

Mummy 5 I often thought about your post and how brave you were for posting your personal details about your daughter,… little did i know reading your post that i knew you and your brave little N.
    I know you have a WONDERFUL family to give you suport all year through but im sure its very very tough time of year as Christmas is all about the kids. You are a very brave person and I hope you will be a strenght to other mothers out there in the same suitation (((hugs)))

p.s i have a very funny story about your dd being born, little Graham (well he was little at the time) was telling me about his sick cousin…. will pm it to you 😆 😆 😆

rossylisa

Thinking of you and your family at this time year.xxxx

MUMMY5

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I read your message Taylor5 and as I said its lovely to hear something new about Niamh.

A few parents I know couldn’t get to Barretstown yesterday, so I said I would light a candle for their children for them. I was holding 5 candles in my hand. One for my daughter, and 4 candles for 4 other children whose parents I would know and who couldn’t get there yesterday. Really brings it home to you how many parents, brothers, sisters, grandparents, aunts, uncles etc. are missing special little people this Christmas time.

On a positive note it was great winning the Mumstown prize of an overnight stay in Dublin and iceskating…..we’re going to go around Niamh’s birthday which is just before Christmas, we always like to do something nice on her birthday and this is the perfect thing. Thanks Mumstown

Taylor5

Maybe the prize was heaven sent for you and the kids 😉 😀 😀 😀

chewieodie
    Participant

I echo that….. I believe that this gift was sent to you, and the wonderful family that I have had the pleasure of spending time with.
    You truly are a remarkable woman Mummy5…..

I’m sending up a special little prayer today…. as today is the first anniversary of my miscarriage….. happy Heavenly birthday, my angel…x

Babs

I cannot imagine, and don’t want to even try, what it must be like. To everyone who has lost someone, I send a big hug. We get so wrapped up in ourselves at Christmas, reading this put everything in perspective!

MUMMY5

Thinking of you today chewiodie, didn’t realise 🙁 You should have said. Hope you get through today, it can be such a hard day with so many memories.

chewieodie
    Participant

Ah Thanks Mummy5…

Sure, we had so many other things to talk about! 😉
    And I hope you got a good nights sleep 🙂

luv ‘n hugs…x

scole1

chewieodie, thoughts with you today and a little smile that you know your angels with you….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.