refugee center for bettystown

Home Forums Meath Chat refugee center for bettystown

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    _LANA_

Hi All,

Has anyone heard anything about some or all of the refugee centre moving from Mosney to The Bettystown Court Hotel this summer ?

May be a rumour but i was told it was on lmfm

Thanks,

Taylor5

I wouldnt be surprised at all, the lease on Mosney ran out a good few years ago, the lease in Mosney is costing the Government millions, plus they have the added cost of a bus service to the site.
    Im sure it would save them millions if they move and it would give the families a better life.
    Its a shame on the Government take so long to process the claims

Fabienne

Heard it as well. I do think it’s really happening.

Hope we’ll have all the facilities built to make it possible in decent conditions for everyone.

Does anyone knows how many persons we’re talking about?

Fabienne

madhousemum

Hopefully just a rumour but heard that the families are going to be moved into Bettystown court hotel and the flats 😯
    Surely there would not be enough places in the local schools for 700 families!!
    I really do not know how this could work??

Taylor5

there arent 700 families in mosney, there would have been about 600 at the peak, im dont know what the numbers are now but lets say 600 people only a fraction of that would be children of school going age…. most would be in school already, i dont think they would move schools, they might just bus them.

Fabienne they wont add anything to the bettystown area, they will just shove the families into conditions that are okay to live with for a week or so, not ideal conditions to live in with young families…. i wouldnt fancy living in a hotel bedroom as a family.

Taylor5

I was talking to someone about this the other day, they are a very good source of info
    What he told me was Mosney is in fact not closing down, but they plan to house Romanian Families in the BCH as their where they are staying in Dublin isnt up to standard. They will be in the hotel, while works are carried out on the unfinished apartments in the complex, when the work is finished they will move from the hotel to their new apartment!
    I HTH but im still not sure it is true, i would be contacting your local TD etc

Fabienne

I heard about the same than Taylor, Mosney stays open, and when families get their status changed they’ll be living in the appartments when ready, in hotel until work finished.
    But it could be true or not. My source is not somenone with connections to know for sure.

Fabienne

Taylor5

The chap that told me about it has a relative in a politics, so i would believe he got his infomation from them iykwim

Fabienne

I heard the first families moved in. Hope they’ll settle well, not fun to live in a hotel room.

With an already growning population we need better facilities, but now with the Bettystown playground on hold…

Fabienne

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.