Red lips are back this season!!

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT Beauty & Fashion for Hot Mamas & Cute Kids! Red lips are back this season!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jedt

I love the red lippy trend that’s coming through in the fashion shows this season but I find it hard to get the right one that does not look vampy on me.

I have quite pale skin, blonde hair and blue eyes. I wear Fuschia mineral foundation, so quite a natural look for mu skin. I would like some advice on what shade of red to go for and how best to apply it and make it last?

Thanks!

fuschia

The trick behind a successful Red Lip is to keep the rest of your make-up very natural and simple. The skin should look very pure, and the mineral foundation is perfect for that, but the eye make-up should be very natural also. Using a pearlised eye shadow, some of our Gel liner and a black mascara should be enough!

When choosing a shade of red it’s best to work with your own colouring. For instance, for someone with blond hair, fair skin and blue or green eyes, brighter reds with coral or pink undertones (Like our lipstick "Pucker Up" or "OMG!RED") would be best, but for someone with darker hair and features or darked skin, a deeper red with a more wine/burgandy undertone would be the best to go for (Like our lipstick "Raisin" and "Majestic"). Be sure to try on the shade first. If you smile, and you’re teeth look a little yellow, then it’s NOT the colour for you.

When it comes to application, using a red pencil (like our "Retro red" or "Scarlet" pencils) beforehand is essential. This will stop the colour bleeding, and it will keep everything clean and precise looking. Line around the natural line of the lip, and with your finger, smudge the colour towards the inside of the lip, so there are no hardlines. Use an Oval lip brush then the apply your lipstick, this makes it much easier to control how much colour you put on, and where it’s going. Blot the lipstick with a tissue and repeat this step for extra staying power. Finish with a gloss to leave the lip with a professional shine, and to futher prolong the staying power of the lipstick. (We recommend "vamp" lip luxe plumping gloss).

If you’re still unsure about wearing a strong red lip, start off by just wearing a red gloss, it’s a much lighter look and it will make the transition into wearing full red lipstick alot easier!

We hope this has been of help.
    Feel free to drop into use for futher advise!

The fuschia girls. x

Jedt

wow thanks for all that!!! some great tips in there, I’ll be glamming it up in red very soon! 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.