Recommendation: Family Friendly Food / Hotel Dublin

Home Forums National Chat Recommendation: Family Friendly Food / Hotel Dublin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Just a brief comment. Following a 10 km run in Dublin yesterday, we had a family-get-together lunch in the Ashling Hotel (Parkgate St., near Heuston, Luas Line & gate to Phoenix Park). 12 adults & 8 kids from 1.5 – 6 years.

The staff in the restaurant could not have been more accommodating or tolerant of the chaos that goes with this kind of get together. There was no problem ‘adjusting’ the menu for little kids or for mixing orders from the menu & carvery. There was no problem getting food at the carvey in dribs & drabs & paying at the end. And no impatience was shown with a myriad of requests for extra ketchup, bread, napkins etc. When questioned by the children, the waiting staff, many of whom were young ladies of oriental orgin, confirmed that ice-cream was available – but only if they ate good dinners.

I’m heavily pregnant & at one stage I was bribing / threatening my two older children to eat their dinners, as the little guy (1.5) was trying to make a run for it over my shoulder. One of the staff reached over with a napkin & deftly cleaned his runny nose. The actions of a mammy (?)….

Just a bit of praise where it is due….

Jedt
    Keymaster

Fair play to you for posting that pookie, its great to hear good feedback, especially at times like this when places are busy and service can slip.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.