recommend a nice s/catering hol in ireland?

Home Forums National Chat recommend a nice s/catering hol in ireland?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    ciarac

Hi girls

As a lot of you know, after hearing me WHINGE AND WINE…. :x :x :x my ds is being torture at the mo with his reflux and teething and everything else……….. and dh said we should book a week away in ireland before the summer time the 4of us… anyone any recommendations? not galway (where I am from!) but will need to be self catering as i have to cook as ds can’t have any diary products etc. and of course dh is away for 2 separate weeks in april "golfing" week (latest excuse no more stag parties….) and a course in the uk, so i will be going off my ROCKER then on my own here……. so need something to look forward to!

thanks guys! :D

Taylor5

My sister stayed in an apartment in the Quality hotel in Kilarney, she said it was great with the kids.
    Most hotels have cottages on the grounds or apartments, you can use the hotel for meal and the pool etc…
    HTH
    Try the Lynch hotels as they are good value too

rossylisa

trabolgan or something like that

ed1
    Participant

we stayed in the pebble beach holiday homes a couple of years ago in tramore for a week. we were lucky and had great weather for our week. i have to say it was a very enjoyable holiday. the little holiday homes are very well equipped with 2 bedrooms (one ensuite) family bathroom, large open plan sitting room, kitchen and dining area. (microwave, dishwasher and washing machine) . tramore itself is grand but if you are into travelling around there are some lovely drives down that area and waterford is just minutes away.

EJ

We’ve been on a few self catering trips to Lahinch, Liscannor and Dunmore East in WATERFORD IS ALSO NICE. With lahinch you have the beach, the cliffs of mohar, the ailwee cave, the burren, and more places to explore and keep you entertained. The Supervalue Getaway breaks have a few nice places on offer too,

Or you could try a nice modern hostel, with family rooms, the one in Carlingford is nice, and popular with families.

EJ

Taylor5

We did Lahinch too, its a fab part of the country, we wanted to move down there. Soooo much to do and so beautiful

Anonymous
    Inactive

i have booked a week in Banna Beach in Kerry for June. It has cottages on the grounds of a holiday complex with its own pool & leisure centre, restaurant, bar, childrens play area, basketball courts etc and has direct access to the beach. It looks really good, and was quite reasonable.

Taylor5

Dont go to Banna Beach (booked for a week but came home after 3 days) I promise you its a shit hole ❗ We were there last september, the house was brilliant spotless clean and they have everything you could need (cd,dvd, iron, washer, dryer, dishwasher, hover, hairdryer)
    The pool is great and the beach is wonderful and it has a great outdoor play area, but the complex is a dump. What food you could get is like slop and there was no where nice to eat locally, we had to drive about 5 miles or even futher into Tralee (but dont go there either as its another dump)
    Dingle was fab for things to do and food, but the rest of kerry was a huge let down

ciarac

thanks girls. Lahinch is lovely, its where my dad is from!!!!! so not really a hol for us!!!!all used to it, but maybe as we are going home for easter (galway) so could head there for a few days after and leave the dog with my parents to dogsit 😀

never thought of waterford, anywhere there to stay that you can recommend? don’t know what to do, as dh works for himself but is away for 2 separate weeks in april for courses in the uk, and then he wants to go away for a few days, but then he won’t have the time to be off as he will have to catch up with work etc…….. 😡 then he be moaning to me that he has too much to do, and sure then it will be into the summer hols time and everywhere will be so exp!
    he suggested leitrim……..a short drive……….. whats there is leitrim!!!!!
    anyone go anywhere norht?

ArtyMum

Dont go to Banna Beach (booked for a week but came home after 3 days) I promise you its a shit hole ❗ We were there last september, the house was brilliant spotless clean and they have everything you could need (cd,dvd, iron, washer, dryer, dishwasher, hover, hairdryer)
    The pool is great and the beach is wonderful and it has a great outdoor play area, but the complex is a dump. What food you could get is like slop and there was no where nice to eat locally, we had to drive about 5 miles or even futher into Tralee (but dont go there either as its another dump)
    Dingle was fab for things to do and food, but the rest of kerry was a huge let down

Are you serious? OMG, that sounds awful. And I have heard so many fantastic things about Banna, we were even thinking of taking a holiday there this year!

Anonymous
    Inactive

God didnt want to hear that about Banna Beach, although once the house & pool are clean i am happy, plus i am a beach person and could spend hours their with the kids. There are 4 kids going so once there is lots to keep them entertained hopefully we will be ok. Someone else gave us a great review, so i just think we will take a chance.
    Have friends who stayed in the Quality Hotel in Killarney aswell, said it was fab. Also heard great things baout the Skellig Hotel in Killarney & Kellys resort in Wexford but i think they are quite expensive.

ciarac

we stayed in the quality inn self catering in youghal, was FAB, brand new houses, all mod cons, really lovely rooms like being the hotel, and then had all the hotel facilities, would defo recommend to others. the one in Cloakilty meant to be the same really nice.
    BannaBeach doesnt sound good at all……..
    we also stayed in courtown last year, in the forest park holidayhouses, were great location near pool the town (with nothin in it!) and the all important playground and beach. my dd had a fab time

Taylor5

The houses in Banna were fab, you couldnt fault the house at all, it was like a home from home and had everything you could need. Plus the beach is beautiful we spent hours on the beach.
    Its the food and food shopping that was a huge let down, we had to cook for yourselves and that didnt feel like a holiday at all!!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.