Recommend a GP in Drogheda

Home Forums Louth Chat Recommend a GP in Drogheda

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sus

Hi Ladies

I would like to ask your advice on choosing anew GP for my family. We have been with a practice on the south side of town for about 5 years but I have never been very happy with them. The last straw for me was when I tried to get an appointment this morning for two of my children, one of whom is very chesty, and they couldn’t fit me in (I rang at 9 am). They seem to expect you to predict when you will be sick so that you can ring in advance for an appointment! (If only!) This is certainly not the first time this has happened but sometimes they suggest coming in near the end of surgery hours and then you would be seen by whichever doctor is available, but not today!

Anyway, enough ranting. Any recommendations would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,
    Sus

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Sus,

I was with a doctor in Dublin for a long time and got sick of driving up and down after i moved down, i was told to go to Dr. O’Neill in Boyne Medical Centre, and i have to say i am very happy with his, he is a really nice doctor to the point of, i had bleeding (sorry tmi) and pains in my shoulders i called the surgery as it was just near closing time an the female doctor said it was ok that he didnt suspect anything, she then spoke to Dr. O’Neill after getting off the phone and he was worried as the sympthons could be miscarraige he was trying to call me but my PH was off and he went to the extent of ringing my mam & sis who are also with him to try get me and was about to call to my house but i got the message b4 he had to. thankfully wasnt a miscarriage but he was great! not the first time either my son 17months was sick one time and admitted to hospital and dr. O’Neill called me at home to check he was ok for the next 2-3 days!! cant recommend him enough especially with kids, as he has his own he’s so good with them!

good luck finding a DR for u but i cant recommend him enough! 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,Sus
    Iam also very happy with dr. ONeill from Boyne Medical Centre.
    And I think all staf there are very helpfull and nice. If I need to see doc ASAP- they always tray to find a gap for me. 😉
    Good luck to you finding a best doc for you !
    If you need I can send to you phone no.and you could try. 🙂

Babs

My God, thats a great service…a doctor with a heart!! Could you PM me the phone number too! Thanks

Sus

Thank you for the replies ladies. I rang the Boyne Medical Centre but was told they are not taking on any new patients. I did however manage to get onto the "extras" list this evening at my current practice and I’m glad I did because both children have chest infections!

Thanks again for the replies. I will continue my search for a new GP but for today the pressure is off.

Sus

ed1
    Participant

Hi Sus, I think i know which doc you are talking about as I have same problem with mine also on southside, Wheaton Hall. It is just so impossible to get an appointment. Like really, how do you know if its an emergency.

Only for I have GP visit card with them I would be checking out Dr O’Neill, he sounds so nice.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

Boyne Medical Centre is 0419844282.

i wasnt aware they arent taking any new patients though?? i just rang and got an appointment for 12 o’clock! they are brilliant for fittin u in and as i said his follow up calls really puts my mind at ease 😀

Sus

We have GP cards aswell and youngest child has full medical card (at the moment), so maybe this was an issue. I’m still thinking about changing but just not sure where to go, don’t want to into the same situation again. Anyone know about the new Ardbryan Clinic? They may be still taking on patients.

Sus

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.