Recession Changes

Home Forums National Chat Recession Changes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    libby1
    Participant

Just thought – it would be a good idea to start this thread
    We could share changes we have made with others and learn from others.

Well
    1. I know shop between a few shops – get the bargains
    2. I know use Tesco washing powder and dish washer tablets
    3. I have cut the kids back on After School Activities… just 3 each instead of 6
    running €1 per night / fitkids €7 per week – i won a place on The Gravy Train for 1 child
    4. Enter loads of competitions since June 09 – so far i have won – €50 one for all voucher / 2 night b&b and evening dinner in Clarion Hotel in Cork / FITKIDS voucher / tickets to Riverdance in the Gaeity / day out at races in Dundalk with €100 betting voucher …. = All on the Gravy train with LMFM.

Looking forward to hearing others savings

Taylor5

I buy all my washing powder and cleaning stuff in Choice or Supervalu, half the price of tesco.

If you have sky tv and fed up with the bills, just ring up and cancell you package, they will offer you a discounted package for 6 months (take their hand and all) If still fed up cancell you package and you have over 200 free to air channels that come in via your sky box for FREE…… so no more big monthly 70 or 80 euro bills

Taylor5

Whats the Gravy train???

libby1
    Participant

You text 57001 – LMFM PLUS YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS

It costs €3 per week – you are in all the draws for a week.

You have to do it each week they sent you a text to remind you.

beamam

Just joind the gravy train hoping some good luck from here will rub off!
    If you’re with 02, sign up to top up by 20p month. Then you get free calls to 10 numbers of your choice but they must also be 086. Saves a fortune on landline as DH, Mam, Sis, best friend all 086.

Taylor5

need to top up but I’ll do that later, sounds good

yummymummy

same with meteor but you get free calls to all meteor people not just 10. i opted for the free texts to all networks as i text more than i ring…hardly ever use up my €20 pm!!!

noeleenw

i bought 5 hens today and a coop , hens where 8 euro each and the coop was 90 , i have them in the garden , one laid an egg on the way home , kids are delighted and no more buying eggs 😆

yummymummy

buy one get one half price in adams.

Babs

We used to eat out ALOT…going for a sandwich and coffee for lunch, dinner in our local and take aways a few times a week. Now we make sure we eat lunch at home, get a take away once a week and only go out for dinner on a special occasion…and do you know what..we now sit down together and eat lunch at the table (I make my own soup throughout the week and its gorgeous), when we go to a restaurant now we feel like we’ve really had a special treat and we have saved a packet by only having one take away a week…and it is healthier…role on the recession..I’ll be a size 0 by the end of it 😀 😀

Fabienne

Kids were in art classeyesterday, so I watched for the FIRST time the afternoon show (watch for about 40 min).

And they said to writte a expenses diary, were you writte every single (big or small) transaction, then you realise that you buy more than needed.
    A woman, said with that she realised she used to spend 2000 Euro more/month that what she was making.

It definitly helps.

We all know about food diary, but financial diary is a good way to keep our wallets in shape.

Fabienne

beamam

Just wanted to share that the good luck rubbed off! Just won a goodie bag from the pavillions on the gravy train!! Sounds like little samples and stuff in the letter but it’s great to win something! Thanks for the tip libby and good luck to anyone else who’s in!

libby1
    Participant

Congratulations it was worth your €3 text

Taylor5

Well done, even if its samples its nice to win…. hope you get some nice things

joey_rudd

i just won tickets to bulmers comedy festival on lmfm’s gravy train too 😀

thanks for telling us about it

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.