Rats/Mice what are your rights as a tenant??

Home Forums National Chat Rats/Mice what are your rights as a tenant??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

can any one tell me about your rights on rat or mice in your home…. is it up to u to sort out or can u make the landlord deal with it???

MaryE

If there is a structual reason for the investation, i.e – hole in a door, wall – then contact your landlord to fix it.

Otherwise just deal with the situation yourself.

Taylor5

Which have your got? If its a mouse you could deal yourself, i got wooden traps in choice last week

If its rats, now thats another issue… health and safety, you might need a company to come in ie Rentokil. Look for gaps, under doors and sinks etc… my friend told me a rat got into her house through the dryer hose pipe, she now has a metal pipe.

Good luck xxx Oh the mice love chocolate

Anonymous
    Inactive

ahhh. just reading about rats make my skin crawl 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

i think they are mice….. i have laid down loads of poison which they have eatinsome and funny enough not set the trap off!!!!!! 😯 …. but how will i know if there gone??? (i have really bad hearing!!)

Taylor5

NO DONT!!! Dont put poison down in the house, if they die in your walls it will be big trouble for your… the smell!!!

The traps are the best, if not touching the traps look for a food source in our case a few years ago it was the bottom of the potato bag, they love chocolate

Maria30

Sometimes the mice can be too light to set off the traps especially if they are little ones. You could try tying or gluing the chocolate or bacon to the trap.

My Mam had a family of mice in her house once and she spent about an hr one evening chasing them around the sitting room. She killed one with a rolled up RTE Guide and another met his maker when she kicked the coffee table and it got squashed between the leg of table and the wall. She wouldnt rest till they were all caught, the traps got a couple of them too.

Taylor5

hahahaha… very funny about your mam, RTE Guide comes in handy i guess lol

We had to melt the chocoate onto the trap, worked wonders as they had to work to get it off, not just grab and run iykwim

I wouldnt use poison in a house, if they die in the walls your in for big trouble… bluebottles, worms…… not to mention the smell. I know someone who did this, they had to remove the plaster board to find the body of a rat that died in the wall…. yuck!!!

Just a warning, with kids in and out in the snow…. keep the doors closed, the mice will be only to happy to run in out of this freezing weather, So keep doors open to min

Maria30

Was very funny hearing bout it Taylor especially as my dad and 2 brothers just sat and watched her.

Definitely keep doors closed I’m sick telling my lot to close them. Its driving me mad

Taylor5

i like "do you want to put an invite out for the mice?" lol

Maria30

Taylor,

If I said that to them they would just look at me as if I was mad and then say to each other "what is she on about?"

mammycool
    Participant

Oh, horrible little vermin! I am terrified of mice. On Monday, I was sitting at my desk and could hear a noise. Thought I was being paranoid but after hearing it about 3 times, I had a look in the wardrobe – nothing there. Sat back down and just happened to glance down and there was a little creature running around my foot.

I ran screaming like a lunatic out of the room. Got in fierce trouble with DH cos I left the door open.

Anyhow, we bought trapsand put melted chocolate on them. They have been cleaned several times, snapped twice and still no mouse. He is apparently being well fed though!!!!!!

DH went into the room with a sweeping brush twice so far and searched but found nothing. There is a bit of carpet after being pulled up at the door – so now appears, he is getting in and out from under the floor.

Will have to get new traps or humane ones – at least they have to go into them, so maybe better chance of catching them. Not that I will be going near or checking any traps!!!!!!!

Taylor5

i like the good old fashioned wood one what snap very easily… mind you i didnt catch mine in a mouse trap, but in a vase… the tried to climb across the pipes to get to the dogfood bag, but fell into a glass vase and couldnt get out 😆 😆 😆 😆

i’d say all the poor mice are frozen solid at the stage

mammycool
    Participant

This one definately is – I got a rentokil trap in Homebase and it sorted him within the day!!!

Taylor5

This one definately is – I got a rentokil trap in Homebase and it sorted him within the day!!!
    😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Good woman 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.