R.I.P James Nolan, found dead in Poland at Euro 2012

Home Forums National Chat R.I.P James Nolan, found dead in Poland at Euro 2012

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

So sad about this young man who was found drowned in Poland earlier in the week. His family must be distraught, he was only 21 and all excited heading off to the Euros with his mates.

Devastating for all involved.

The mayor of the town he was found in has asked UEFA for a minutes silence before one of the last matches so hopefully they can arrange that. It would be a nice thing to do, considering it was football that brought him over there.

So sad.

Taylor5

Very sad indeed… i did read that 3 other people have fallen into the river at the same spot in the last six months, i wonder will they put a safety rail up now?

LouthMam

RIP James. I know two of the friends who were with him on the trip (I used to babysit them). They got home on Thursday – absolutely devastated. He was in the taxi with them to go on to the nightclub and jumped out at the last minute and said he wouldn’t go. They don’t know why really. One of the guys had stayed on at the bar and everyone assumed he went straight back in there but he obviously didn’t. Very sad for the families involved.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Its a very sad story alright.I was wondering have they definitely ruled out foul play?.as the news said he had been in a fight with some other football suporters earlier in the night.I mean could he have been pushed in?.I know it doesnt change the fact that he is gone,but i was just wondering if anyone else was involved.

His poor family & the friends that were there with him,it was meant to be a trip of a lifetime & to have this as the outcome is so devastatingly sad.

I really hope they do the minutes silence at one of the matches for him the gesture might help his family a bit.RIP James

Anonymous
    Inactive

Fair play to Robbie Keane. He was playing for LA Galaxy at the weekend and he scored a goal and straight afterwards he ran over to the side of the pitch and picked up a jersey with RIP James Nolan on the back of it.

He dedicated his goal to James and he is sending the Jersey to Jame’s
    s family. He also phoned them up to offer his condolences.

I know it no consolation to them as they bury him today but it was a nice gesture from Robbie Keane to do that.

Tragic, so sad for his family to be burying him today. RIP James.

Taylor5

I think they ruled out foul play after looking at CCTV, his 4 friends were helping look through the CCTV footage..

I know its not much but what Robbie Keane did might be just enough to get his family though this, its a small gesture but it could mean the world to his family at a time like this.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I thought it was nice too that Shay Given & other members of the squad & members of the government etc…went to the funeral.id say his family will aprreciate the gesture.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.