"That" time of year again!

Home Forums National Chat "That" time of year again!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Financial Companion
    Participant

Round about now, I often hear a phrase from people, "I’ll have a look at that after Christmas". For some strange reason, many people think that Christmas lasts for over a month and nothing unconnected with it can occur. A client of mine who had previously asked me to do quotes for him for Specified Illness cover, said to me last week when I rang him to arrange to go through the quotes, "I’ll have a look at that after Christmas". When I laughed and he asked me why I was laughing, I reminded him that he had said the same last year and the year before and he has still never got around to "looking" at it.

If there is something that you find yourself putting off time and time again, make an effort to slot a time in to do it. Whether it’s making a Will, getting a new battery for a smoke alarm, backing up your mobile phone contacts or starting an exercise plan, if something takes less than an hour to do, you are only fooling yourself thinking that you have to wait until after Christmas. (It’s one of the biggest reasons that many people fail to give up smoking or get fit and healthy, they say "I’ll start next week"!)

I’ll be at the Mumstown gathering in the Bagel Bar in Laurence Town Centre on Tuesday, feel free if you have any questions to ask, you don’t have to wait until after Christmas! :wink:

Dave.

Taylor5

My laptop is dying and all my photos are on it… i sooo need to back them up, but i have been saying this for YEARS!!

Also i havent claimed back my Med1’s in 3 years, i havent put in a GP Claim to Bupa/Quinn for the same years, i have to go to the attic to find the paperwork (i sooo dont do the attic…. well only for Yankee Candles 😳 ) Its all building up nicely and i could do with the money for the "after Christmas" sales. If i do this week i should have my money from Quinn before the end of the month!

Financial Companion
    Participant

Oh Taylor, the lost photos one can be a nightmare! Most people only learn the "back-up" lesson after they’ve lost something valuable!

I see people that wouldn’t dare forget to do their lotto numbers in case they come up (1 in a few million chance!) and yet they put off taking out specified illness cover (1 in 4 chance BEFORE you reach 65!). All about prioritising!

At the very least, everyone that reads this, go and check your smoke alarms, NOW! 😆

Taylor5

My HUSBAND took down our smoke alarm 2 YEARS AGO!!! (they are mains wired and a nightmare to change) well he bought the wrong ones and it has been sitting in the kitchen press for TWO YEARS.

Im Making a huge list for him to do with weekend (after he has put the lights up outside top and bottom! Cleaned the windows…. and then change the smoke alarms) If he give out I will send him down to you Dave 😆 😆 😆 😆

Financial Companion
    Participant

When you send him down, will you get him to bring extra lights and he can do the top ones for us as well!! 😆 😆 😆

Taylor5

When you send him down, will you get him to bring extra lights and he can do the top ones for us as well!! 😆 😆 😆

I will have to give you a loan of the Electricy monitor, i nearly had a stroke… well No i did have a stroke!! When we turned on half the christmas lights, holy cow!

Financial Companion
    Participant

I’d be curious to see, coz even though we didn’t put up all of the outside ones, there are still 3 large trees inside as well as a couple of lighted garlands, 10 moving Santa themes, various other items that light up or move, 4 small outside trees and a lighted Christmas wreath on the door 😯

Feel free to lend me that meter anytime! 😆

Taylor5

I have 1 tree with 2 sets of 300 LED lights on each, a neon santa train and 1 set of LED lights in the garden, havent put the icicle lights up yet… but all my lights are new ish low energy LED’s…. and JUST this small amount pushes the watts up by about 600, this adds 9euro per month to the bill!!! I cant imagine what your lights would add to your bill 😯

The kettle plugged in NOT turned on, just plugged in adds 80watts, the shower not flicked off at the switch adds about the same, the microwave plugged in adds about 100watts…. its mad how things draw power when not being used. Im flicking off at the sockets now and its decreased the bill by about 15e per month, its alot over the year. The over switch and the power showers draw alot of power without being used…. might be worth flicking the switches

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.