Quirky ideas on pressie for new mama

Home Forums National Chat Quirky ideas on pressie for new mama

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    beams

My sil has just had her 3rd baby girl :D :D Anybody any ideas on a quirky pressie this time around for her or the baby ? :wink:

yummymummy

Nappy Cake??

Check out the shop across from the credit union they do fab personalised stuff, dressing gowns, blankets etc.

Voucher for hairdresser for mum or anything that she can pamper herelf with when she gets the time 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Baby! has some fab gifts ideas, quirky, funky etc….check out their ad on your left.

Happy pressie hunting!

Taylor5

Beams i got a nappy cake for ds2 when he was born and it was fab… but i do know how much it cost and the value of what was inside was WAY LESS, i would say you could make them up yourself for less then 20 euro… i would help you if you wish…

I got the boys hands and feet cast a few months back, they are just fab! I was looking forward to getting them but i was blown away at how nice they were, i was SO SORRY i didnt get them done as newborns…. so my gift idea would be a hand and foot casting by Little Impressions, she is drogheda based but will travel to do the casting…. a gift to last a lifetime. If you want i will post a photo of my two up on facebook for you to have a look
    Congrats on the new arrival Aunty Beams xxx

munchin
    Participant

my friend actually made me a nappy cake for dd2’s christening must have taken her ages but it was fab – and she put a little baby photo frame on it

happymumblemum
    Participant

Oh a nappy cake ..sounds sooooo disgusting..I know what they are but bleuuuuuuuuuuuuuurghhhhhhhhh 😆 😆 😆

How about something for herself not the baby..manicure /massage..loads of offers on here…

Or a professional photo shoot? Most photographers will do a voucher..

Try Matt Dillon advertised here on the right….

Anonymous
    Inactive

definately a photo shoot….babies loose that new baby look so fast..its lovely to capture it forever in a professional portrait. Personally, I love the canvas prints or the natural posed baby photos. Have to recommend
    boynevalleystudios.com. Lovely natural pics.

If I could go back in time thats what I would have liked. 🙂

beams

Some quirky ideas there alright ….came up with a thought – might just clean her house for her top to bottom….will clear it with her first though tomorrow ….i know after my c sections i would have loved somebody to clean my house properly ….dh was good but not that good 😉 😆 😆

Yvonne

Thats a lovely idea Beams! Another idea is a nights babysitting!! Won’t be as easy with 3 children!

Taylor5

yeah those little things are brilliant…. i remember my SIL after her section, i cooked dinner and took it with me on the visit, she burst out crying she was so happy, it lasted them 2 days and she still talks about how they just loved the idea of a dinner just there ready to be heated up

munchin
    Participant

oh the babysitting one is great – my sister did that for me and she’s just about to have her baby so guess what i’ll be doing! can’t wait to meet my new niece or nephew so excited but a blooming nervous wreck for her 🙄

Anonymous
    Inactive

def second someone to help clean and cook especially….you can be so tired but feel you have to do a little cooking and cleaning.

Jedt
    Keymaster

I bring a dinner with me when I visit friends and family who have just had a baby. I also offer to do some shopping, tidy up, take the baby for walk or watch baby while mum has a nap.

I like to bring something too for the mum or new baby, which is why I like Hey Baby for gifts and I think that idea for Matt Dillon was really good too – but the ultimate gift to give someone is your time and help!

These are gifts that money cannot buy!

CaliGal

I think the photography voucher is the best. Yes the house cleaning and dinners are sooo helpful but the pictures will last a lifetime as we all know time is but a fleeting moment! Plus after 3 children she potentially might not be having any more!?!

beams

Well cleaned her house yesterday from top to bottom !! Sparkling if i say so myself 😆 😆 😆 Got it just finished before she arrived home half an hour later….shes delighed …says its the best pressie she could have got – delighted i could help in a practical way 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.