Question from Bubblesue on child & serious illness cover

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT Financial Advisor Question from Bubblesue on child & serious illness cover

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Squaremile

Hi there, just before the site had server issues, Bubblesue had a query for our predecessors regarding serous illness cover. Am happy to post the answer :

The question was: I had a question for Financial Expert, are children covered when their parents take out serious illness cover? If so is it the same kind of things covered as the adults?

Squaremile

Hi Bubblesue,

It is possible for your children to be covered, but it depends on the provider of your policy and their terms and conditions.

One provider for instance will cover your child for free for the same specified serious illnesses as you are covered. The cover is 50% of the serious illness sum insured, up to a maximum of €25,000 and
    your child must be aged between one year and 18 years of age (or 21 years if in fulltime education) at the date of claim.

If you send me name of your provider and the name of your plan I can check the terms of their cover for you to see if this is included in your plan.
    My email is andrew@squaremile.ie

Thanks
    Andrew

bubblesue

Hi Squaremile, thanks but Financial Companion had already answered my query in National Chat when Alliance didn’t respond, although it’s since been deleted! 😉

Squaremile

No problem, hope it is still of use to you.

Andy

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Squaremile, thanks but Financial Companion had already answered my query in National Chat when Alliance didn’t respond, although it’s since been deleted! 😉
    Hi bubblesue when we had the server problems some threads were reset, this was nothing to do with us on Mumstown.

A number of threads were reset, oddly enough they still exist but under the username of "Guest" and are stacked on the last pages of the particular thread.

Hope this makes some kind of sense.

bubblesue

Thanks Admin. yeah i was looking for a few old ones and the guest part was confusing me. also some posts appear to have no reads or comments but when you go into them there is loads! Will it get back to normal?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Admin. yeah i was looking for a few old ones and the guest part was confusing me. also some posts appear to have no reads or comments but when you go into them there is loads! Will it get back to normal?
    Hi bubblesue, all future posts will be as normal and the posts before April 2012 should be normal.

Unfortunately a portion of the database was corrupted, when we put together the forums threads and onsite members a percentage didnt not add up hence the guest post, post view and reply figures.

Again we apologise to everyone forthe inconvenience, all is good now! 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.