PUPPPS or body rash

Home Forums Pregnancy, Mums2Be, Birth, New Parents PUPPPS or body rash

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Missymay

Did anyone suffer from this or does anyone know of anybody who suffered from this, I have it, It started off ten days ago with what I thought was itchy stretch marks and now has escalated into a intensely itchy stomach and now spots that are spreading all over my body. Sat night I just sat in the bed waiting for the day to break while trying not tear the skin off me, if I sleep the heat sparks off a all over body rash and each night has been the same, I attended hospital and was diagnosed with PUPPPS. Since leaving the hospital today the spots are spreading even more, I am like a zombie now and am so desperate I asked if I could have a Cesarean, but was refused it, I know its a big op for what seems like a small thing but this really is torture, I am due on 18/04 and the thoughts of going over my dates is a nightmare now, cant seem to get my point across to the medical staff that if I continue this way I wont be able for a natural delivery. I only have begun to get better in the past 6-7 wks from other things and to have this happen has floored me now. I am using Calamine and cold packs and a bit of Steroid cream, but any ideas are really welcome.

Taylor5

God you have been through the mill…. it sounds a bit like prickly heat. If you pop to the chemist and get Eurax Lotion (not the cream as the lotion will spread over larger areas) This stuff is brilliant, you could bin the calomine lotion as its crap…. did they not recommend an antihestimine (sp) ring the gp and ask if you could take Zirtec tablets, this would really help with itch ( I trying to rack my brain but as far as I remember you can take this when pregnant if pescribed by gp)
    You poor thing and hope you either get this sorted or the babs arrives

Missymay

Thanks Taylor, this is the last straw for me, htis is prickly heat like multiplied by 1000. I am on antihistimine, Piriton, its not working.The only way I can desribe this is it like after rolling in nettles to get all over nettle rash, it stings, combined with a full body chicken pox rash on top of that and allergic reaction ontop of that and then maybe a heat rash ontop again, the itch is like something I have never experienced and I did get chickenpox with an allergic reaction when I was 18 so I remember, at least when you have something like that you get sick and sleep!

I got some sleep after seeing in the daylight, after pacing the house all night, then I had a cold shower and then full body calamine lotion, which helps a little. This morning I woke up on the sofa looking like a horror film extra and ready to kill someone, anyone ❗ Its spreading and I am going around in my underwear because now clothes irratate it, but I am getting the chills because my skin is hot and the air is cold. This cant be good for baby. Why do we go to doctors etc while pregnant, they can do feck all, you queue for hours to see them and they do nothing.

Sorry rant over, did I mention I am ready to kill at this point, 👿 👿 👿 👿

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.