problem periods…any advice?

Home Forums Exercise, Nutrition, Health Issues & illness problem periods…any advice?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Ever since I had my daughter 7 months ago,my periods have been awful,I feel physically like I could be sick .On the first day of it,I usually have to take to bed for a few hours if I can get the free time from Hailey as I just feel too sick & sore to be awake.Paracetamol doesnt help,I take it anyway in the hope it will.I use a hot water bottle on my tummy & back to try & help ease the pain but nothing really does.

I was wondering has anyone else had their periods get a lot worse after having their child?….and if you managed to find anything to help ease the pain.

Jedt
    Keymaster

This may sound mental but getting out in the fresh air for a good brisk walk can really help. I have suffered terribly with my periods for year and sometimes I have felt like passing out but I find being active actually helps me.

If I do a good walk or some cleaning around the house it breaks the pain somehow. Its not a cure but it can help.

At nighttime I will still curl up on the couch with a hot water bottle but during the day, being active really can help.

Feminax is a great period painkiller, I always have a pack of those in the cupboard just incase.

If they are really really bad you might have a hormone imbalance and may need to see your GP.

try the exercise and feminax and see how you get on….HTH

Anonymous
    Inactive

thanks for the tips Sabbi,ill make sure to stock up on feminax before my next period.Im really not sure about the exercise though,I mean I get so bad that lifting my head off the pillow makes me feel like vomitting.I think maybe ill make an appointment with my GP just to make sure all is ok

Taylor5

I have endometriosis and after my first my condition almost cleared up, well i mean very very little pain, but after i had ds2…. OMG its a nightmare, the pain would be so bad i even vomit. Plenty of drugs and the hot water bottle, but do you know what i find works best for me, now dont scoff! But to get out and get moving, go for a really brisk walk, push through the pain and 10 mins later you will feel like a new woman.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thats 2 of you now that have recommended exercise even when feeling like death!!….So i will try the next time I’m in a bad way & see does it help.

Jedt
    Keymaster

I know it sounds mad and years ago when it was first said to me I thought it was bad advice but having suffered with horrible periods since I was 14, it does work. Just force yourself out of bed, eat something and then get out for some fresh air. even doing some housework will help. Its like you are giving the muscles more oxygen or something when you exercise and the cramping is not as bad.

give it a go, sure what have you got to lose!

munchin
    Participant

Haileysmam oh I know exercise is last thing u feel like but agree with the girls it def does help.

Taylor5

you might feel like shite on the way out for your walk, but after about 10mins really getting stuck in, you forget about the pain and it really vanishes. I dont know if its endorphines (sp) or something like that but it works, now there are days were a duvet and a hot water bottle are your only man!! I find the first day of my period its comfort food and my duvet

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.