Probably the best toy shop I’ve ever been to!

Home Forums Louth Chat Probably the best toy shop I’ve ever been to!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    porter

HI All,

I’m fairly new to the Louth area and just thought I’d tell you about a brilliant toy shop i was in at the weekend…maybe ye know about it already but its called either Duffys or Duffystoyworld its in Dunleer?

Has anyone been to it? It has such a selection of toys, alot of it is out of the norm, not like he stuff you get in Smiths or that, anyway I didnt realise it even existed until the weekend!! I didnt think places like that existed anymore!

Anyway I came out with loads of little farm toys for my nephew and the nicest little dress up dresses for my wee tot – im thrilled!

yummymummy

Haven’t been to that toyshop in years, but there has been a few posts here saying how brill the place was and that the prices were reasonable too.

enjoy your purchases 🙂

MaryE

I haven’t been there but keep hearing good things about it, so really want to go.

Maybe this weekend.

Im such a child, i love toy shops.

super minder

when i was setting up my play school i wanted wooden toys and things children might not have at home. so there would learn more. they were so helpful and they have so much time for a chat.

note to self i will pop up after jacks commiuion next week.

scole1

yeah discovered it a few weeks ago when looking on line for a wooden playhouse, mentioned it in national chat, well they have great playmobil stuff my ds just loves it and smyths doesn’t do much, santa will be taking a trip there i think this year, also bought a tp forest climber great fun altogether, and the guy who owns it is lovely…….very helpful…..

worth the trip…. directions on line….. http://www.duffystoyworld.net

sadmum

love the shop myself and so do the kids but they are very difficult about changing things/refunding etc. We have had some bad experiences with them and my DH witnessed a very heated exchange between the owner and somebody who bought a faulty buggy in it. I’ve bought in it myself but I don’t have much faith in their after sales service.

MaryE

Thank you for letting us know this.

That is a pet hate of mine, i hate when people are all over you when you are buying something but treat you like dirt if you complain or try to return/ exchange it.

I think it shows a true professional who can deal with a complaint in a civilised and proper manner, so that the customer is satisfied or a least doesnt feel hard done by.

porter

Hi

Would you believe the pressie i got for my nephew is a double up, my brother already bought it for him, I rang up to see could i change it and the lady was very pleasant, she said no problem at all! I’m heading back later today! If iwere to ring smiths on it Id say i’d still be waiting to talk to someone on it now!

Way i see it theres two sides to every story! Thanks for the heads up but i still think its a great shop!

Taylor5

I got alot of my nusery stuff and car seats there (mamas and papas) much cheaper then the M&P store in Blanch….. my seat had a problem and the daughter was dealing with me, it did take a few weeks for M&P to sort it out but the girl was brilliant in the mean time, she rang every fews days with an update on what was happening and was soooo nice aobut it.

Ruthie

I work with the owners daughter. They are a lovely family. Its nice to hear that local stores are still doing well when the likes of Smyths etc..come to town. Am sure Duffys have struggled with the competition but customer service goes a long way. I have bought nursery bits and toys in the shop and they have a great selection. The owner is very popular in Dunleer with all the kids. He has so much time for them. Must take a trip there myself, need some holiday toys for the airplane!!

sunshineorla

I was passing this shop on Monday and after reading your messages I decide to call in. I dont live that far away and we used to go here at christmas when we were little…even saw santy there one year…..a very long time ago. The shop was great. You’re not sure what you’re going to find around the next corner and its all piled sky high but it was great. The owner was very nice and helpful and his emphasis is on toys the kids can play with and develop their imagination which I think alot of kids these days are sadly lacking. He was just back from 3 weeks researching in America and looking at toy lines and he does have some unusual stuff there. I loved the place and think I will go back at christmas. I think its imortant to support these type of businesses (not so corporate). Thanks for reminding it was there mumstown!

jayne

i love the shop myself but not buggy friendly. leave he kids at home…. 🙄
    your hit with stairs as soon as you arrive in and then another set of stairs when you want the baby stuff. from dunleer myself, and this is a problem with a lot of stores in it. Highly recommend Bia though for lunch 😉 just across the road YUM 😀

Taylor5

Just been out there today, the dad was dealing with me…. got a tp climbing frame for 500 euro…. could have gone north but got it from him to support local business

scole1

great to see that he’s getting business even in times like this, infairness i think he’d be happy to match prices knowing that people are going, must ask for commission the amount of people that have bought there since…lol….

noeleenw

ye we got a tp swing set there the kids love it …

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.