Private Fees

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Evie77

Hi, was wondering if anyone has any idea of what the private fees for consultants are? And also any recommendations of who to go to! Am recently pregnant and trying to decide which route to take.

Many thanks.

Wonderwoman

Hiya Evie, Congrats on ur pregnancy. Rosie Harkin is really nice, and her fee is about €2,000.

noeleenw

hi there i am with dr rabee shes 2000 for a normal delivery or i think its 2300 for a section. Did you look in to the midwife led unit in the lourdes i have only heard great things about it . is this your first

tulip

Hi evie,

Congratulations on your pregnancy 😀 I can recommend Dr. Harkin. I am seeing her too. My due date is 5. August. Fees are approx EUR 2000. When are you due?

Best of luck!

Yvonne

I would recommend Dr. Milner – I was with her nearly 4 years ago! 😯 , and she was great – think I paid about 1500 then…

sonwalking

I have heard nothing but excellent reports about Dr Shane Higgins his private clinic is in Laurence St. His price is gone up to around the €3,000 great if you can afford it i suppose.
    Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy. 😉 😉

munchin
    Participant

just to point out with Dr Rabbee & I think Dr Higgins too (they share an office in Laurence Street) one of the reasons i went private was because i hoped to get more scans but when i was with Dr Rabbee (1.5yr ago) they didn’t have a scan machine in office so I only had my big scan at 13weeks and a scan at 38weeks because they where unsure of position of baby. Have to say though I really liked Dr Rabbee

noeleenw

ye i was with dr rabee for all 3 kids , shes a no nonsense woman and very good. the only downer was the scan thing but at the ned of the day the 2 scans at the hospital tell you all you want to know 😆 😆

munchin
    Participant

yeah noeleenw she’s a no nonsense woman alright but i’d go back to her if i was going again – i had a few problems with section and she was brilliant. i was dissapointed with the scans but like you said 2 is enough and now i know about it – i’d still go back to her oh and her midwife (well the one i had) was really really nice and good

Dinomum

I went public on dd cos I didnt have health insurance at the time. I had Dr Rabee under the public system, I only saw her about twice, but she was nice and very competent.

I often wonder, is there much of a difference between the type of care you get between private and public ?? I know this sounds stuipd but can anyone explain the difference between the 2 ??

noeleenw

i had dr rabee and on last baby – 11 days ago – was in public ward for most of first day then went to semi private room for a day then got a private room for last day 😆 😆 saw dr rabee as she did the section – was a few complications she didnt panic but told me this would be my last baby 😳 😳 – didnt see her again after dr harkin (i think ) called in on 2 days after the section. Yes her nurse in rooms is very good

Taylor5

Dr Rabbee told me on ds that he would be my last, if not would have huge chance of losing my womb….. Im public and didnt see a doctor on my booking appointment only a midwife

munchin
    Participant

when i went for my 6 weeks check up with Dr Rabee she asked me what type of contraception iwas going to use – "nothing too long term, a year would give you plenty of time to recover and get pregnent on your second"!
    yeah i left office with my mouth open! 😮

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.