PRIMARY SCHOOL – DOES RELIGION DICTATE PLACEMENT?

Home Forums Education PRIMARY SCHOOL – DOES RELIGION DICTATE PLACEMENT?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Soccer_Mom

Hi
    I am new parent in the Drogheda area and am looking to locate a primary school for my child.
    I am currently exploring my options for baptising my child also.
    What Im trying to find out is – as most Catholic schools require a baptismal certificate to guarantee placement – is "Christian" on the cert enough to be accepted or must it state "Catholic"?

Im baptised Catholic but not a practising one. I am considering having my child baptised in the Unitarian Church (which is open to all religions) but am wondering if this will cause problems for being accepted in a Catholic school? Should I just have my child baptised in the Catholic Church?

Any recommendations/suggestions of primary schools would be welcome. I am familiar with the Educate Together system also but would like to keep all my options open when choosing a school.
    Any knowledge on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

libby1
    Participant

My daughter goes to fatmia school on the Dublin Rd…. There are plenty of children from Foreign Nationalties whom are not Catholic in her school and they stay behind when others are taking part in Religious ceremonies..

The same applys in Boys School – Congress Avenue

And Secondary school is the same St Marys DS and Sacred Heart too.

Taylor5

I sent my son to le cheile educate together, he doesnt do religion.

I did have him down for congress ave, i was told from the school in an "off the record kinda way" That children on the list its not first come first served, but its children living in the parish and baptised in the parish will get a place before a child that is not!!!!
    I did get baptised but he got a place in le cheile….. i do think earlier this year the church came out and said they are taking a back seat in their parish schools, things change so fast, ring the school and see what their policy is

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.