Price Comparisons Lidl V Tesco/Dunnes

Home Forums National Chat Price Comparisons Lidl V Tesco/Dunnes

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Just wanted to put this note up, i buy all of my Fruit & Veg in Lidl, was there yesterday and bought 17 items cost €25.99, have just gone onto Tesco online, €40.12 for the same items, thats a difference of €15.
    I have been buying my fruit & veg there for the last few months, the quality is 10 times better and is always in date, not like in Scotch Hall :evil: :evil:
    I usually get more fruit/veg spending about €40 each shop per week, so possibly a saving of €20 each week, over a month thats €80.

For anyone who hasnt tried Lidl/Aldi honestly they are mad.L

yummymummy

dont like lidl but ill defo 2nd aldi!!! never buy my fruit or veg anywhere else, its just gorg, the apples and strawberries are so juicy and do last alot lnger!!!!!
    pledge polish in aldi is cheaper than in supervalue, its just madness for people not to shop around!

Yvonne

I have tried them, but the hassle of shopping in two places gets me! Mam & Dad always get their fruit & vetg in Lidl, and I have to agree it is lovely, now I shop online and its great not having to go anywhere! Saying that I am thinking of taking a trip up to Sainsburys to stock up the press and freezer.

Taylor5

Went to Aldi today took my mum along and we both said we would stick with dunnes and Tescos (mum shops in Tesco) would rather pay a bit extra then shop up there.

ed1
    Participant

I go to Sainsburys every 2nd week and go to Aldi in between if i run out. Used to go to Tesco all the time but after shopping in Sainsburys now for a while there is no way i could justify paying more in Tesco.

I believe people should definitely shop around for the cheapest, whether its for food or petrol. That way maybe eventually the shops and garages who charge more may reduce their prices.

Taylor5

I might give sainsburys a go soon, just didnt like the budget shop experience, felt I was missing out but didnt like the quality at all, have to say Lidls fruit and veg are much nicer then Aldi..

noeleenw

wouldnt it be great if sainsburys would deliver to here

Taylor5

Or we could pay for a personal shopper with a van to do the dirty work 😆 😆 😆 😆
    I use Scoles dh to pick me up bits in Sainsburys…… thanks Scole. Must head up myself someday and see if its a cheaper option as I’ve ruled out the other two budget stores…… cant wait for tescos bettystown

redbells

Where is Sainsburys?

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s in Newry. Not a bad drive with the new roads. I am heading up there today for a shop. I have to say, I’m not a fan of Lidl fruit & veg (except their butternut which is great). Their other stuff is fine but I am never impressed with their fresh stuff. I take the saving from there and get my f&v at M&S, it’s yummy and I never end up throwing any of it away. And while I am that way I get all the toiletries and baby stuff at Boots which works out so much better too.

Taylor5

What is it with Drogheda that you cant get propper fresh F&V anywhere, all the supermarket chain stores are a huge let down and there arent many independant veg shops….. must give M&S a try for fruit, if not I’ll start going back to the little farm shop up near grange rath

yummymummy

pauls stall at the market does lovely fresh fruit and veg!!!!!

Taylor5

Thanks Yummy I must give that a go, I have seen it but never stopped and shopped

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.