Prewalkers?…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hailey has just started in the past week tottering/walking along with her walker :D & up until now she has only worn socks & soft slippery type things.I was wondering is now the time to get her measured in Clarks or somewhere similar for prewalkers?…She is 14 months old now,i dont know if she will do damage to her feet just walking about in socks?.

Any info appreciated as always…

munchin
    Participant

bare foot is best – and the physio i take my older dd told me this. She said that kids should be properly walking before being fitted for shoes of any description. The likes of the shoobees /shoo shoo are best for what Hailey is at at the moment – google them.
    http://justkidz.ie/childrens-girls-clot … urple.html
    this is type of soft shoe i mean. Next do a similare type shoe i think.

could totally be co-incidence but i got my dd1 fitted for prewalkers when she was barely standing and i went with clarkes – she’s flat footed and attends physio – she’s not to bad mind but wearing Clarkes didn’t help as they have no arch support in them
    by the time dd2 started to walk we’d been to first phsyio with dd1 so dd2 went into these type of shoes until she was totally sturdy then she went into Pabloski shoes…..start rite is supposed to be another good make.

pookie2

Yeah – basically same. No shoes until she is running round the place. Until then bare feet & if the floors too cold etc slipper socks (socks with non-slip bits on bottom) Heatons usually have them…..

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for that ladies,i will look into soft slippery type shoes,i guess she still needs to be measured for them though?

Do they sell those socks with grips on anywhere other than heatons,as there is no store near me.

pookie2

Marks & Sparks? Next, Tesco & Dunnes at times – might be some left over from Christmas

munchin
    Participant

no she doesn’t need to be measured for them

Taylor5

Shoo shoo are the best, i loved them. If you goggle them you might find some good offers.

munchin
    Participant

taylor it was shoo shoo i had for dd2 loved them but i couldn’t find them online when i went to google a link for haileysmam

Anonymous
    Inactive

I got socks in dunnes with grippers on the soles but she still seems to slip & slide a bit (we have wooden floors downstairs).she is zooming around with her walker,she loves it….i cant wait till she can learn to turn it though!….as im up & down turning it around for her when she reaches the walls at either end of the room!

munchin
    Participant

try next haileysmum – a few websites have them too google shoo shoo, shu shu, i got mine in a shoe shop in drogheda but it’s closed not sure if victor dwyers have them.
    i’m sure one of the mammies on here was involved in something similar but that’s going back about 3years

pookie2

With my first was advised to restrict use of walkers at this stage & to use bare feet & let them be independent. Told was best to help them get balance. Seemed to work too – once I got over my obsession that tiny toes would be cold. Had laminate / lino / tiled floors too. Just don’t polish them or use cleaners with polish in them. Hot water enough. That’s what I was told & haven’t found fault wuth advice yet! Good luck with the sock hunt – I always seemed to be looking for the blooming things at the wrong time of the year!

Taylor5

shoo shoo are just like being in barefeet, they were designed to be like a second skin iykwim.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.