Prepay Electricity Meter

Home Forums Yummy Mummy to Practical Parenting! Prepay Electricity Meter

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Perhaps for you, but not for me….. that is about 30 euro a month cheaper for me…. so, I’m happy. You are very lucky if yours is lower, would love to know how you do it?

chewieodie
    Participant

Well, I took the plunge yesterday and contacted them…. my meter will be getting installed on Tuesday…
    I know quite a few folk who have had it done and are delighted with it…. so, no more bills hitting me every two months….

Oh and the best bit of all….
    Because my neighbour referred me I get a E5 "welcome" and both he and I get an additional E20 credit…

Bottom line is… they promise to be the same unit rate as Electric Ireland… plus you pay 37c a day for the equipment. Personally I can cope with having the e11 a month for the benefit of not having the bill come in. Installation is free…. With our family circumstances at the moment, I feel that this will help us budget a little easier….

SO…. if anyone out there is interested in this, PLEASE tell them when you order that I referred you…. that way you get E20 credit, and so do I…. and in these times, every little bit helps… it truly does! I can PM my contact details to whoever wishes…x

http://www.prepaypower.ie/

Taylor5

I pay 30e a week with http://www.billpay.ie its a free service from An Post and its a brilliant site for paying bills…. i have it set until next march to pay 30 per week. Thanks for the info, post an update onhow you find it

i know 37c doesnt sound like much but thats over 100e per year! 😯 Thats a summer electric bill….
    All the bills just seem to be climbing and climbing, i really dont know how OAP’s and the likes are keeping houses running on just over 200e per week.

chewieodie
    Participant

Correct me if I’m wrong… but don’t we pay standing charges on all forms of electricity anyway?

Or perhaps I’m misunderstanding?

Yep, just checked my last airtricity bill…..

now 36.94 cent per day standing charge….

so, I am still happy with my decision…. AND I don’t get a bill hitting the bank account… 😉

Taylor5

Oh sorry!! I thought this rental charge was on top of your regular ESB Supply charge, sure thats just about the same and as you say no big bill.

chewieodie
    Participant

Yep, exactly…. 😉 Sure, I’ll see how it goes on Tuesday with installation. It will be interesting to see how much electricity we actually use in a week. I’ll keep you updated as to whether or not I find a difference… 😉

scole1

That sounds great be interesting to see how you get on
    I’d say handy to know right this is xof what I am paying and x amount I am using
    We ring in our readings all the time to not get that estimated reading but there are times you get it and it’s huge
    Thanks for info I’m intrigued now

Taylor5

you have to shop about from supplier to supplier to get the best rates

blonde

I have mine since xmas and id never go back ! works out so much cheaper ! no more raised stress levels at the end of d month when the bill arrives !! 😀 😀 I also have the prepay meter for gas & we find it brilliant 2! i think everyone shud give these meters a go !!!

scole1

Who did you get the gas meter with? Didn’t realise you could get that too

chewieodie
    Participant

There was a rollout of it last year with free installation…. kicking myself that I didn’t get it then. When I contacted them there was a substantial installation charge…. but I’ve heard rumours that there may be free installation again in the not too distant future. Bord Gais… 😉

blonde

yes bord gais ! well worth it 😀

Fabienne

Silly question, but why is it cheaper to have a prepay meter?
    because when no more money in you cut few things? or just electricity cheaper? or just having it you change your habits and uses less electricity or gas? or is it at the end of the year just same charges but paid a little every week?

Thanks for info.

Fabienne

chewieodie
    Participant

I don’t know about the cheaper part…. I suppose time will tell for me…. but I assume the fact that you can "see" what you are spending as you can watch the money being used up… perhaps it just makes you more vigilant….

Taylor5

I think its down to the fact that you dont have bills, some people opt to pay a few euros a week off their bills, but you still get a bill in every 2 months and what you have paid every week might not cover the cost of the bill…. with the meter you will never have a bill and you have paid for your Electricy before you use it iykwim
    If you get the meter fitted are you stuck to that company who supplied it? Can you still shop about for cheaper suppliers?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.