pregnant 35weeks: Baby hiccupping a LOT

Home Forums Pregnancy, Mums2Be, Birth, New Parents pregnant 35weeks: Baby hiccupping a LOT

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

So I’m wondering if this is normal and then if it is indicative of the baby having colic or reflux when a newborn? My first baby only hiccupped once in a while and now this little chappie is super hiccuppie – almost after each one of my meals!! ie. about 3 times a day! So? I’m hoping this is normal and then I am reassured that this fella will be ok?! Thanks gals.
    PS> I don’t mind the hiccups – just wanna know if ok to do it so often!

lyn11

My ds was always hiccuping inside and would get them very often once born but no problems with reflux, just some wind but easily rectified with infacol! 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

My 1st was a getting hiccups every evening when I sat down at my desk for several minutes. He had plenty of hiccups after he was born as well but no wind issues or similar once we got the overactive letdown sorted 🙂

Jedt
    Keymaster

my last baby did it alot and she did not have any reflux or any probelms with feeding when she was born so I would say, don’t worry!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, Ladies!! Feeling much better about the baby’s welfare! 8)

Anonymous
    Inactive

So I’m wondering if this is normal and then if it is indicative of the baby having colic or reflux when a newborn? My first baby only hiccupped once in a while and now this little chappie is super hiccuppie – almost after each one of my meals!! ie. about 3 times a day! So? I’m hoping this is normal and then I am reassured that this fella will be ok?! Thanks gals.
    PS> I don’t mind the hiccups – just wanna know if ok to do it so often!

Hi. Im new here but just wonted to give u a quick reply. Completely normal and in no way indicates anything like colic etc. Hicups are only because the baby inside you is swallowing the fluid she/he is sat in, thats what causes them 🙂 i wouldnt be worried at all xxx

happymumblemum
    Participant

DD1 had loads of hiccups didn’t seem to be affected by reflux..just make sure you don’t count hiccups as movement if you are tracking kicks etc

Jedt
    Keymaster

Any sign of babs yet??

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.