Pregnancy & still having a monthly bleed?

Home Forums National Chat Pregnancy & still having a monthly bleed?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Has anyone here experienced having a regular monthly bleed (that seems exactly like a period) only to find out that they are pregnant?.

A friend of mine has just discovered that she is pregnant (5 months into the pregnancy) as she noticed weight gain & as she was having what she thought was a period every month she never thought to do a pregnancy test.

Is this something that happens often?.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yep, heard of that a few times. Its not very common but can happen. Her doc should be able to advise if she needs any medication to keep her hormones in check until baby arrives and a scan should set her mind at rest that baby is ok.

My mam bled a lot when she was having my sister but in the end, it all turned out fine. She just needed regular monitoring and plenty of rest and iron.

munchin
    Participant

I don’t know that it happens often but i have heard it that it happens. Hope you’re friend is ok and gets over the shock

pookie2

Have heard of it happening, but usually ‘periods’ are a bit lighter & a bit more irregular. More spotting really…. Hope all goes well…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.