Pre Marriage Course

Home Forums Louth Chat Pre Marriage Course

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Wonderwoman

Does anyone know who runs the 3hr pre marriage course you can do in Drogheda, a friend of mine is getting married, and all i canremember is that I did it on Fair Street, one Friday evening and it wasn’t Accord?

MUMMY5

Talking or premarriage courses what are they like now. I did mine years and years ago iand it was the most useless thing ever. Even finished early to ‘let the lads go see the footie’? What does that say. I remember watching ‘video’ tapes of Biddy and Miley from Glenroe having ‘problems’ and how they did/didn’t deal with it. A pure waste of time back then I thought. I acutally met a girl who was on the same course and she said she felt the same. Only did it because we had to.

Jedt
    Keymaster

We got out of it….I don’t quite know how but we didn’t have to do it in the end, that was 7 years ago. However, my aunt did one and she had great craic at it! I guess it depends on where you go for it. If you ring your local church they should be able to point you in the right direction..

Good luck!

rossylisa

We did it with accord about 3 yrs ago.. it was great craic at it

Taylor5

Dont know never did one… got married in Registry office 🙄 tut tut.

my MIL runs marriage couses in Dublin wouldnt like to going to on of hers 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

MaryE

We did ours in accord about seven years ago and it was really, really good.

It was run by three lay women (not priests as everyone seem to think) & they told us of the different problems /issues that they had throughout their marriages and how they dealt with them and got over them.

We have actually had to face some of those exact same issues since we have been married but at the time we thought, that wont happen to us.

We had already been living together so thought that we knew it all but we didnt and still dont.

I have to say it was a very worth while & very enjoyable day – we had fun & laughed loads.

It was a great day out to just think about us and our future livestogether and not get lost in the whole madness that can come with a wedding day.

I know loads of people try to get out of it but i think they are really losing out.

Bookwitch

We did ours on Fair Street with Mary and Carol. it was a good laugh and there was a lot of interseting questions about future plans, shared values, parenting and budgeting. They were very nice and very clued up they talked about people who already had kids, about step-parenting and lots of other things. It was good fun.

Wonderwoman

hiya
    Was that an evening course & would u by any chance have a contact number for them?

They ring a bell, we may have done ours with them aswell

Bookwitch

I’m sorry I no longer have the contact details but we were refered there by St Mary’s Parish so if you contact their Public office beside the church on James Street/Dublin Road they should be able to tell you

Happymammy

What a waste of time!! who are the church to tell you if your ready for marraige or not!!! Its all a big money scam per usual! It Annoys the hell out of me! Im having a civil ceremony, ask the girls in the drogheda resource centre, they should be able to tell ya best of luck with your wedding hun 🙂

Bookwitch

While I am not a staunch Catholic I was married in the Catholic Church and I feel that people are entitled to their faiths and beliefs so your post may be seen as offensive to some

Happymammy

Really?? well they are easily offended and shouldnt be on a public chat forum so, where everyone is entitled to their opinion. I have faiths and beleifs and mine is that the church are milking it for everything its worth 🙄 ….10 hail marys for me so.

kasia

i’d recommend Accord centre (near athe hospital).
    Great atmosphere, run by lay married women, who know what the marriege is all about 🙂

Bookwitch

Just wanted to highlight that someone had asked a question and they were looking for information not unasked for opinions about their choice of wedding ceremony or preparation

Happymammy

I was more or less agreeing with mummy5 as this is what happens on open forums, people get chatting about one thing or another, and then i offered my advice to wonderwomen on where she can go for information regarding a pre marraige course. Your post was highlighting what i said because it angered you. You really shouldnt highlight your opinion if its purely because someone else doesnt agree with you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.