Prayers Please for ED1’s DS

Home Forums National Chat Prayers Please for ED1’s DS

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    MNG

Hi Big sister.

i hope ED1’s son will get well soon 🙂

ED1 you also take care of yourself Okay 🙂

Taylor5

Thats great news Ed, wow 49 is massive he could have easily went into a coma with levels like that. My nephew took a few weeks for his bloods to level out and he was in ICU for almost 2 weeks, he had been at the gp 3 times over about 10 days and the gp put the weight loss down to being a picky eater.
    His mam rang my mother and my mam told her to bring him to her gp, she did an he told her he was ringing an Ambulance to get him into hospital, where he stayed for weeks and they were shocked as he was sooooo ill. My SIL went mad at her gp as he had only had D there that morning but still wasnt happy and went to mams gp. He is great with his injections, much better then my 40 year old brother.

trixiebell
    Participant

Gosh ed1 only seeing this now, sending big hugs to you.

Tirnaog

Ed

I know it is a great shock to discover DS has Type 1 diabetes but take it from someone who was discovered 33 years when I was 8 years old that you really really can lead a normal life with it. The first few years for me and my parents were hard (no point saying they were not) and it will be tough for your son growing up but after a few years the diet and the injections become second nature – it is like brushing your teeth – you know you have to do it and you do. I went through school with practically no health issues relating to my diabetes, went through college, work, have travelled the world (including the third world), have got work visas for USA, Australia, NZ with no problems. My only health problems arose when I became pregnant – and your DS won’t have these problems!!!

Always remember and encourage him to remember that it will not stop him in anything he wants to do – if he wants to do it go for it – with Type 1 diabetes your attitude really has a lot to do with getting on with life.

Getting the blood sugars regulated can be tough at the start and it will be hard but it is crucial for the long term that they are regulated right in the beginning and for the intial years after diagnosis.

If you have any questions or would like to chat don’t hesitate to PM me.

Good luck and hope they get his sugars regulated in the hospital soon.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.