Possible deadly sofa in our home

Home Forums Louth Chat Possible deadly sofa in our home

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Biggins

This goes out to all mams and dads! A tale of caution.

We had reason to suspect our sofa (now gone) was effecting us, especially our child. We bought it in Drogheda. There have been 600 other reported cases so far. There might be other sofas out there like it. Our child ended up in hospital.

Our detailed experiences are on our non-business personal family site, theruddsite dot com.
    Its an interesting read but prepared to be shocked at the pictures.

Please don’t let your child be affected like we have.

Taylor5

OMG I havent read your post on your personal site but just reading this is shocking enough, you would think in this day and age things that we buy in our homes would have to pass saftey standards and would be safe.

Biggins

It was bad. Similar incidents were reported on by News of the World, Take A Break mag’ and just recently on BBC Watchdog.

Taylor5

God I just had a read, its just so shocking. The pictures of D would break your heart, I couldnt even look in detail at them.
    I got my leather from Wogans many years ago and never had a problem, but like you if I was telling dh I was itchy after sitting on sofa he too would have ignored me, dont beat yourself up over this as its something we all would have done.
    Thank God for watchdog its a fantastic programme. You should contact the Irish radio stations, like G Ryan and Joe Duffy. Even Irelandam. I think the more press this issue gets the better, it could save another child going through this pain.
    I know what D went through was terrible, but I bet your counting your blessings that neither of the other kids got the same

Biggins

Actually the 7 month old started to show signsof skin problems but that might (and probably) be put just down to the usual low level of skin problems effecting babies, etc.

it kills me that the light in my head didn’t come on earlier as regards Jo saying to me that she was itchy "when sitting down" and matching that up with the childs problem as well as the effects on my legs too …but you live and learn.

By god, we learned!

rossylisa

oh my god just had a look at the pics the poor child hope you are going to sue the asses of them 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿 👿

Taylor5

I know but dont beat yourself up about it, you were going through all the possible sources ie milk, washing powder…. the last thing you would think off is the sofa!!!!

You would love to sue, but its a very grey issue of proof. I know you dd skin might clear up and the sofa is gone, but would that stand up in a court of law. I would try and name and shame in a public way, the Irish media love stories like this as its what people like to read, the heartbreak over a sick child that could have been prevented the manafactures and suppliers

joey_rudd

thanks taylor by the way for telling me all the different ointments, creams to try on D, and for suggesting cutting out some foods too
    really appreciate the help

Taylor5

For all the good it did, I cant believe a sofa could cause those type of burn or reactions

noeleenw

thats awful , all the torment they put you and your family through

joey_rudd

you should see her now, i can’t believe the difference in her now after a few days after the sofas were gone
    she’s alot happier and her skin is clearing up, and were doing the exact same things as before she went into hospital when nothing was working for her
    i wouldn’t of thought it would be a new sofa!

Taylor5

God I was thinking of doing up ds playroom and was looking to pick up a cheap leather sofa from Argos….. will think again I tell you

trixiebell
    Participant

OMG this is absolutley shocking poor D. Yous must have been up the walls. I cant even imagine what yous were going thru.

It is a disgrace how can they be allowed to put this poison into furniture ? 😈

I hope that something will be done about this.

Thank God for your relative who seen the programme.

((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))))

happymumblemum
    Participant

omg this is so shocking!!!!!!!!1

I am so glad that your little dd is getting better now and that you have got to the root of the problem…gosh no one in a million years would ever suspect a sofa of being able to cause such damge, you could have gone on for years and never known.

I agree withTaylor to get on the radio and highlight this issue, there may be hundreds maybe thousands of little kids suffering because of this.

I am here sitting on my leather sofa now looking at it in a totally different light…..

scole1

call lmfm and high light it there too, jesus that’s bad, poor little d, that’s so scary…..her skin is so bad there in the pics, why not call the paper and get story out, just found out my parents bought a couch in land of leather arrived last week, so told her to keep an eye, and she’s going to show everyone in work and hubby too……forwarded on the link to your site……

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.