Poor Aoife Phelan & her family

Home Forums Laois Chat Poor Aoife Phelan & her family

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

This is devastating about poor Aoife Phelan who, pregnant with her first child, went missing last week. They have arrested a man, who they say was known to her and are now treating it as a murder inquiry and are searching for her body.

Its just horrible – the fact that she was pregnant make her disappearance and what happened to her seem even more sinister and cruel. Her family seem devastated, God help them to cope with whatever comes their way now.

Its so so sad, this young woman, about to become a mother, robbed of her life.

I hope they lock the guys up and throw away the key – and even thats too good for him. :cry:

Anonymous
    Inactive

I find that every day there are more & more tragically sad stories in the news,it seems that a day doesnt go by now without there being a stabbing,shooting ,murder or body found somewhere.

What possesses these people to murder people that they know?….

Its just so very sad.My heart goes out to Aoife’s family & friends RIP

Yvonne

What is going on lately at all?
    All the missing people! Then subsequent murders.. its terrible.

Thoughts are with this girls family, I just hope she is found quickly..

Taylor5

Very like the Fiona Pender case, she went missing when she was 7 or 8 months pregnant… i hope they find her body. I think they are 100% sure she was murdered as they have made an arrest.
    Did anyone hear about the second body found over in Wales when the police were searching for the Vet who was murdered? Did they say who the second person was?

Jedt
    Keymaster

I thought it was the vet they found? Its all bad news at the moment. Their poor families lives will be destroyed forever

munchin
    Participant

They’ve released the guy they had arrested. I read this morning they believe she was murdered by her childs father because she refused to have an abortion – i have no idea how true that is but it was in the paper this morning.

Taylor5

God thats shocking!! Could he not have walked away and asked her not to tell the child who he was? The guy the garda had in was only 23 or 24, she 30 and maybe in a different place in life ie. ready for a baby as he is so young, he could have just paniced and lashed out…. God love them all there are 2 families involved in this.

Sabbi they did find the Vet, but while they were searching for her body in a River North of Chester they found a second body!! They never said if it was male/female etc…. I thought maybe they found April Jones, but havent heard a thing, just wondering if anyone else heard about the second body

munchin
    Participant

Taylor according to the article i read this morning he has a girlfriend and had a brief fling with Aoife but she got pregnant and he wanted her to have an abortion – i know it’s terrible sad. They’ve found a body this afternoon.

My mam and myself were only saying about how the whole April Jones story has literally just stopped – nothing been broadcasted at all. If you remember when Maddie McCann disapearred it was in the papers and all over facebook for motnhs – still pops up now and again – and yet absolutely nothing about April in ages

Taylor5

Thank God for their family at least they can lay her to rest, heartbreaking!

I know the April Jones case doesnt even make a headline now days, very sad that a missing 5 year old is yesterdays news so quick. I think with Madeline McCann it was always a Missing persons, not a murder as in this case.. They are still looking for Maddie alive but in Aprils case its a body hunt thats going on.

Jedt
    Keymaster

Its not much consolation but at least she has been found and her family have her home and can bury her – it would have been awful if they had not found her body. She was found well hidden and buried, whoever did it certainly did not want her found. There was planning in this the way she was hidden.

Its such a stupid waste of two lives – a lovely young mum-to-be and her poor little baby, just so very sad for them both and their family who are left behind, devastated.

I hope they find the right person and he gets a very lengthly sentence.

munchin
    Participant

they’ve re-arrested the 24yr old they had arrested earlier in the week.

i’m glad they found her body but so so sad for her family

Taylor5

yes he was in Court today and sent to Cloverhill, God love his parents, their lives are thorn apart too…. they have to live in that small town community, i feel so sorry for them

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.