PND – having bad days

Home Forums Pregnancy Loss, Bereavement & Depression PND – having bad days

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

Hi Maria,

You are really brave for starting this thread. It has inspired so many other mums to talk about what they have been through too – fair play to you for that.

Please keep us posted on how you are feeling. We all have dark days so please just come on here and rant whenever you need it – thats what its here for!!

How are you all now – hope the boys are better?

Take care and please treat yourself when you have the chance, you’ve been running around after everyone else so much lately, that its time for some pampering for you.

I am taking my mam for massage this weekend – maybe this is something you could treat yourself to? Tranquility have lots of good offers on and you can walk to it easily, its in Bryanstown so easy to get to without driving. Us mums all need a little pampering every now and then!

Mind yourself, see you soon.
    xx

Maria30

Sabbi,

I m doing well at the minute. I hope by starting this thread that it would help other mams to see that they arent the only one with PND. It can be such an isolating illness and if the thread helps even one person then I ll be happy.

I started the Zumba salsa class in Labfitness last week. It was great fun and good exercise too. Thanks to Taylor for encouraging me to do it and for giving me a lift to and from the class.

I got a voucher for La Spa on the Dublin Rd for my birthday, I must book something for next weekend. Its really lovely and always feel really pampered after it.

Jedt
    Keymaster

Maria,

Because of your bravery in starting this thread, a lady called Bernie, who is writing a book about women’s experiences of PND, is coming to our next get together at the bagel bar in Laurence Town centre on Tuesday 6th July.

She wants to talk to some mums who would like to share their stories for the book she is writing – which will help so many women

So thanks again Maria, hope you are doing well and hope to see you on the 6th.

Take care see you soon 🙂

Taylor5

Thank Maria for your brave posts, i have pm’s Bernie with my story of pnd… if it helps others to realise that what your going through at the time is normal for pnd suffers and your not alone and somewhere at the end of that tunnel there is light xxxx

Maria30

Taylor,

It has been a tough few yrs to say the least. Ds2 will be 3 the beginning of July so have had 3yrs of PND. I m still here and more balanced than I have been for a while 😀

I emailed Bernie my story but she couldnt open it. Might try to pm her it instead, if not I ll print it out and try to make the Bagel Bar on the 6th.

We definitely need to get PND out there so people know more about it and the more information women have the better.

happymumblemum
    Participant

My mum suffered extremely badly with pnd after having me nearly 40 years ago and never did anything to help herself..this manifested in to a deeper other type of depression that has lasted her whole life and made every one elses a misery..she refuses to admit to anything being wrong and has nearly driven every one else around the bend too in the proccess.

The whole experience affected me terribly my whole life.

I didn’t suffer from pnd luckily but my story on this subject really I guess is from the childs point of view!!

pixie71

Hi I have PND too, my Lo is 5 months old and I have a teenager. Have joined a baby group and met other mums feeling the same way and its good to talk.

Almae

happymumblemum i agree with what u said from a childs point of view you experienced it from a child etc, children pick up on everything. my dd is 4 has apergers and adhd and she picks up on my pnd , she’d say to her daddy mammy is sad , or mammy is crying.. she’d say the odd time mammy go to Teddy Buns (she calls doc that) and ask him to make u happy… so i know its affecting her and its killing me…
    luckily for me i have had a good few weeks so fingers cross i am on the up , 4 yrs is a long time with pnd , but i know there is people out there who have it longer

Maria30

Hi all,

I have to say I often worry about how my PND has affected my two boys especially my eldest as hes nearly 12 and was 9 when I had ds2. It has to have some affect on them, doesnt it? Its not "normal" to see your Mam crying or ranting and raving for no obvious reason. I suppose now I just try to hide it as best I can when they are around but ds2 is very good at picking up my moods and will constantly ask if I m ok and if I m happy. That just breaks my heart but only for my hubby and boys I wouldnt be here. They are what keeps me going. I suppose I m lucky that I was strong enough to admit that something was wrong and get help even if I did leave it for 14 months to do so.

Here’s to more happy days 🙂

berniek

i noticed on the website that in regard to pnd so many mums are worried about the effects on their kids. that was certainly a worry for me too. I hope to give you some reassurance from my personal experience. you can even meet one of my two daughters at the bagel bar tomorrow.it would be nice to meet up with as many mums as possible. my daughter anna aged 23 is coming as well. she wrote a booklet on pnd for her art college project. anna has been accepted for post grad in both london and new york. she was involved in setting up an arts centre where people from 15-55 can come to temple bar and have somewhere to meet without alcohol. clare aged 20 was class rep in first year law in tcd and works part time in a restaurant in pearse st. she also does the soup run for the homeless. i think they did pretty okey for the kids of a "mad" mum. Depression can make us very hard on ourselves but it also teaches us a lot of lessons and those lessons will ultimately benefit all the relationships in our lives. best wishes from bernie. looking forward to the bagel bar tomorrow

Almae

wud love to have been there but recovering from emergency op 😯

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.