PND – having bad days

Home Forums Pregnancy Loss, Bereavement & Depression PND – having bad days

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Maria30

Feeling alot better today. Plan for the weekend is to sit down and come up with a plan for getting some time to myself.

Going to convince hubby to take boys off for a couple of hours tomorrow so I can just chill out and relax. I might even get time to make a few cards, this normally helps with the stress levels and it also keeps me away from the chocolate.

Thanks again for all your help and advice.

Almae

hi maria30

glad you are feeling better ..:)

what we did was we did out a chart that we had equal amount of house chores , kiddie time and Me time. You should do that and you would be surprised , you would know you have a def day that you have a few hours too.

I am off to visit my brother and family in westport, so i may not get back on till monday 🙂

XX

Maria30

Hi Almae,

Thats a good idea to divide everything up.

Hope you have a lovely weekend. Its so nice to get away from house for a couple of days. 🙂

Fabienne

How are you today, maria30?

Take care,
    Fabienne

Maria30

Hi Fabienne,

I m doing alright at the moment. I m hoping the couple of bad days were just a hiccup. Ds2 is sick at the minute so just trying to make sure he takes his inhalers etc for me. He can be very stubborn and strong willed. Sometimes I find this hard to handle but we got him a little sticker book and stickers and when he takes the medication we give him some stickers and get him something small for each page he fills. Bribery I know but it works well at the minute.

How are you getting on?

Maria

Almae

hi maria30

how are you pet ? how is ur ds.
    My dd is sick too at the moment, I think she may need steriods as her chest is just awful and her asthma is just horible.Night time is unreal , we are lucky to get 2 hrs kip wth all the coughing an having to go into her and do the whole inhaler and her shouting "NO NO NO NO " at u 🙁
    It can take its toll , I am not well in myself either have pains in my whole back it doesn feel like muscles , my mam reckons its fibrosis, itsstared on my lung area now its moved its way around and its so uncomortable:( , we both are going to doc at 3.30 today

thats my moan for today.

Hope ur feeeling better

Maria30

Hi Almae,

I m doing ok. Ds2 is much better thank God. Its still a battle with the inhalers at times. He doesnt get much of a cough but gets very wheezy and crackley very quickly.

Ds1 use to have asthma too he grew out of it but he had that terrible cough that your daughter had. We use to go weeks without a proper nights sleep.

Tiredness definitely makes things harder to cope with. I hope you and your DD are feeling better soon.

Taylor5

i think having a sick child doesnt really help i know the lack of sleep when dh2 didnt help my condtion… do either fo you girls use steam at night?

Maria30

Taylor, totally agree sick children dont help. I know the first time ds2 got an asthma attack after being hospitalised I was in an awful state as I was worried that he would need to go back to hospital and he hated it.

He hates getting the nebuliser and normally screams the doctors out of it and its even harder in hospital as I m more aware of all the other sick children and their parents.

Is the steaming just putting them sitting over a bowl of hot water and getting them to breath in the steam?

Dont think ds2 would sit long enough for it

Taylor5

No i invested in a vicks steamer, i plug it into both the boys rooms when they have colds or when ds2 lungs play up… I cant get him to take his inhaler wont let the mask near him, it upset him soo much and worked up i just dont bother…….
    i’ve given a loan of my steamer to other mothers and they all think its brilliant… i think they cost about 55 euro

Maria30

Must have a look out for the steamer. Its worth a try.

You should seeds2’s aerochamber, its covered in stickers and he has a little book were we put stickers when he takes the inhaler. When he fills a page we buy him something small like a book or a small toy. But if he is in bad form he just refuses to take it and I leave him for a while and try again.

Almae

my doc told me not to use the steamer , her room was condensating at night iykwim and he said that was worse for her… 😳 anyway just back from the doc and dd has been put on another inhaler stronger dose .,I am delighted she likes the chamber but at night its horrible . I was in bed last night at 12 up at 2.30 till 4.45 hubby couldnt sleep ,he was u for 5.30 😥

I have to be tested for arthritis , he said I have al the signs of it in my back 😥 its not fibrosis as mother thought

Maria30

Almae,

Hopefully the stronger inhaler will do the trick. I hope you dont have arthirtis, especially in your back. I would imagine its very painful. Hope you get an answer soon.

Maria x

Jedt
    Keymaster

Hi maria,

If you can make it, maybe you could come to the parent & baby swim Friday morning at Bettystown Court Hotel, or even for the tea/coffee scones after at 11. Might do you some good to get out and have a natter with some other mammies.

See how you’re fixed, we might see you then if you can make it and in the meantime, you know you have support here so you can chat away online t your hearts content.

Hope all bit better in your house now. 😉

Maria30

Hi Sabbi,

Ds2 is much better now thankfully. Hes finished antibotic and steriods so only have the inhaler battle to cope with.

I m doing ok at the moment. Just trying to stay focused on the positive things in my life like my 2 beautiful boys and my lovely hubby. I have found this website a god send, I never realised that being a SAHM could be so lonely but Mumstown has definitely helped to take that loneliness away.

Unfortunately I dont drive (YET) but going to take lessons in the next couple of months and hopefully I ll make it to Bettystown at some stage this year 🙂

Thanks to everyone that has helped me through the hard days. I would have been lost without you all. I ll keep you all in my prayers.

Maria xxx

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.