playschool

Home Forums National Chat playschool

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s Bright Horizons in Grange Rath.

The prices seem to vary. I was checking a few out a while ago and have Peter Pan’s price list next to me (sorry to single them out but it’s the only one I have to hand) and they do 9 -12, it goes from 37 euro for 2 mornings to 70 euro for 5 mornings a week. My dd’s Montessori is around 20 euro a morning (also on a sliding scale for more mornings). HTH

scole1

yeah looked at bright horizon’s sounds fab…but still to price up….peter pan’s is that any good, have heard good reports as regards childcare but just wondering what the playschool/ preschool would be like….

heard there’s a playschool in the resource centre anyone heard about that? or does anyone know i think it’s called secret garden montessori not sure but it’s up a lane way say heading from west street past abrakabra and up the hill there on the right….is that still open??

joey_rudd

the secret garden one is closed for years its a church thing now

scole1

was wondering if it was thanks joey, i remember when first moved here it was open looked real nice said i’d love my child to go there when have one now have one and it’s closed, never knew what it was like but had visions of girls in petticoats and straw hats… 😆 😆 and boys in blazers…..

oh well…thanks joey

joey_rudd

no problem 🙂

Taylor5

Scole remind me to tell you what the phn told me about one of the above mentioned places……. she told me not to leave my dog there 😯

Sweetpea

hi scole, there is a new place being buit just up from the village hotel at the entrance to the new estate in bettystown. Saw a sign the other day. its a playschool and montessori called Hopscotch. The building is nearly finished so i imagine they will be open for business soon.I took the no. down ( i need to look in to a few places for DD maybe next year too) will post it up laterif you want to give them a call and sus them out….. cant quite put my finger on it now !!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had a look at a few but have decided to send ds to the same one that dd currently goes to. Peter Pan seemed fine to me, I just prefer the outside area of dd’s current one. I think Trixiebell’s ds went there so she may be able to help.

I can recommend the one dd goes to (and ds will go to) it’s a little further out (towards Homebase) but feel free to pm me if you want the details. For some reason I am feeling really paranoid about posting where my kids spend their days! I don’t know why but I’ll happily pm them. They do havea long waiting list usually so it’s worth getting on to them early.

I’ve also heard that Daisy Chain is good.

Sweetpea

That no. if you want it Scole is 087 6920070

Yvonne

You have to book them in so early, its unreal… the one E is in has bookings for September 2011! So basically when babs is born, their names have been put down. 😯

scole1

thanks sweetpea….yeah i’ve seen that builing it’s huge for where it is isn’t it…..my dh keeps saying it’s like a primary school…..will ring them too and see what the story is and post up……the only things is i would like to see what their play area etc will be like the layout of the rooms, not possible if it’s a building site….but would also be handy…..his gran live around the corner she could always collect him for me that would be so handy then i could just run around not put under pressure for time….

oh had to laugh said to my ds would you like to school he said yeah he wanted to go on the school bus, the bus stops right outside for the primary school to collect and drop off……god love him he thinks he’s getting the bus to school…. 😆

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would def recommend Peter Pan, my two have been there for the last year and half. They had been doing montesorri for 2 years, but they take into account how long they have till the start school and build there programme accordingly. We had a parent teacher meeting last week. It really prepares them for "Big School" and they cant wait to be "Big Schoolers".
    The programme is brilliant they are currently learning about people who help us and about health & safety in the home. They had a trip to the fire station a couple of weeks ago. That nite the guys told us if the woke up and there was smoke in the house the would come and fine us and we would all leave the house safely and no going back for anything 🙂 🙂
    Another bonus with Peter Pan is the playground, they get out to play most days.
    Have heard the Bright Horizons is very expensive, but have never been inside.

scole1

there’s 2 peter pan’s isn’t there i wonder what either are like might pop in on tues after playgroup the one beside laurence’s centre…..love that fire station visit, kids are like sponges aren’t they….brings back memories….most places never do trips so nice to know they did….

Taylor5

Scole you wouldnt want to send him to Laurances centre one, just imagine trying to get throught the town early in the morning etc… the other one is in Bryanstown would that not be better for you?
    The peter pan playground was done by the people who did Ardgillan playground

jellybelly

hi there. i have my boy in bright horizon ( he’s 2yrs) and its fab. the centre manager Stephanie is suberb and has a genuine focus on the care of the children. and the facilities inside and out far outway any i’ve seen in the the area. the good thing about it is that kids can transittion from nursery to preschool and afterschool groups so all the children grow up together and make friends… 😀 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.