playschool

Home Forums National Chat playschool

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    scole1

hi girls some are getting to the stage of getting their kids ready for playschool….anyone got any reccomendations…..or contact numbers…..

looking for the irish playschool, naionari i think i spelt ok…..

thanks gotta get cracking find which one is best have his name down for one irish playschool but not sure if running yet and can’t get in touch regards it also have him down for the willows in donacarney…but want to check out a few before decide…..thanks a mill

Taylor5

God did you never hear of waiting lists?

scole1

rang one today and going to see 2moro afternoon……then the other waiting to get back…..dunno if i’m expecting much but don’t neccesarily want playschool to be all about playing and not learning…..

anyone tell me what their kids do on a typical day at playschool… waiting list taylor i sure have heard of them thanks……have him down but really thinking about it a bit more as it’s really creeping up on me now, today opened my eyes a bit more, school sorted but playschool still not sure…..

i don’t want to just send him to playschool just to get rid of him for a few hours i want him to learn, and enjoy and the same time….

Taylor5

Oh I thought it was just to get rid of them 😳 😳 😆 😆 😆

scole1

it helps to have a break from them for sure 😳 but want him to enjoy it and learn something new every day and not be bored….

yahoo got a confirmation on one of the playschools but have to go see another school, really would like to see the one i’m thinking of and budget wise oh excited now, thought making school choice was a big one but now playschool….

Taylor5

Would you girls recommend a playschool? All advice needed, ds is down for a great one but only has an afternoon space, would love a morning one.
    Did anyone hear about a new playschool being build beside Congress Ave school? I think they are looking for pp and hope to build over the summer, it will be beside the new womens centre

pinkbabe

I would recommend EVERY child go to playschool b4 starting ‘big school’ as it helps them to adjust to routine of school without the strictness of ‘big school’ & helps them intergrate with other children.

Most GOOD playschools have a routine that will prepare children for ‘big school’ like having lunch @ their desk, tidying up after playing with something, hanging their own coat on a peg, sitting on their chair etc

my 2 both went for 2 years & loved it 😀

joey_rudd

no playschool will take dd till shes potty trained so i have to get started on that

Taylor5

I’ve ds booked for september, so will have to have him on the potty by then. Will start in the spring.
    Pink ds will be doing 2 years play school as he isnt starting school until 5, but if I leave him at home for another year he would get board.
    Just second guessing myself now and feel I didnt look well enought into a playschool before I booked it years ago 😆 😆

joey_rudd

i haven’t any of mine booked into anything yet 😯 …i think i’m leaving it a bit late

Taylor5

I booked ds into Donacarney 14 months ago and all I could get is an afternoon space

pinkbabe

Think Angie has morning spaces left in Highlands playschool was up there today & Ry had great time @ afterschool 😀

L was 5 22 days after she started school & she has always been top of her class (ready to teach it according to her muinteor) so I think it has stood to her

Taylor5

No dont think I travel that far for a ps, want something local or Dublin Road area. I heard there is a good one in Grange Rath, Bright something or other…. does anyone send kids there and how much is it?

libby

Great Playschool in Meadowview both ds & dd went there,
    Geraldine Raey runs it, it is in the morning, i don’t have a number but could get you one.

meabh

haven’t put dd down for any yet 😳
    would like her to go next september but the main problem is i don’t know where i’ll be living then and don’t want anywhere too far away as i don’t have a car….hmmm
    how much do playschools cost on average?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.