Plane Crash in Cork this morning!

Home Forums National Chat Plane Crash in Cork this morning!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Financial Companion
    Participant

RTE reports that there are unconfirmed reports that 8 people have died in a plane crash that left Belfast heading to Cork this morning. I can only hope that the report is terribly wrong!

ed1
    Participant

Just watching it on RTE now. Gosh its terrible. Cork hospital have confirmed 5 people have died but there may be more, hopefully not. God love all their families waiting in the news.

Maria30

Just after reading on the RTE website that 6 people are confirmed dead and 4 more are unaccounted for.

God help their families

Financial Companion
    Participant

I hope the families and loved ones of the deceased get as much help and support as possible, and I hope those injured make as full and speedy a recovery as possible. Those poor people left homes this morning to face just another day in life. Our thoughts are with their loved ones today!

Taylor5

OMG… Thats terrible!!!

Didnt hear a thing, was doing housework and cd’s on no news! Shocking, say a prayer for the families

mammycool
    Participant

Very sad – horrific pictures on the news. Could not believe some muppet had taken pictures to send into the news – is everything an opportunity for someone else!

Taylor5

Very sad – horrific pictures on the news. Could not believe some muppet had taken pictures to send into the news – is everything an opportunity for someone else!

All the clips of the garda cars and Ambulances was up on youtube, recorded on a mobile phone about 5 mins, both RTE and TV3 used the footage but only about 10 seconds of it…. i wonder did they give for free or get paid for it?

I burst out crying when i seen it, my dh used to fly in and out of there a few years ago and a friend would fly in and out of Cork every other week, but on Fridays… i would have lost my life if it happened on a Friday.

Thank God it was a small plane! President McAleeses’ husband (cant think of his name) lost his Cousin in the accident, a well known Ulster businessman… young only in 40’s with 2 small kids

You just dont know the day or the hour…. very very sad!

Anyone get annoyed with RTE’s coverage of the crash, they had blonde reporter in Cork Airport, she was talking really loud and fast, give it a paniced breathless report… now to x with breaking news and shite like that…. felt like the Dramatisation that Sky news reporters do!!!! Eh, its RTE and not what RTE viewers want!!!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.