Place to Eat Out in Drogheda

Home Forums National Chat Place to Eat Out in Drogheda

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    odie

Hope you can help me here. I am organising my sisters hen for July. We’re having it in Drogheda. Everyone else is coming from Cork which is why Drogheda is some place different for them. I’m looking for somewhere to have dinner on the Sat night with about 15-20 women. Anyone got any ideas.
    Was thinking Garam Masala on Stockwell Lane? But would love a couple of other suggestions as not everyone likes Indian

Yvonne

You can’t go wrong with Redz – its a lovely place for a meal and the menu is quite varied, so there would be something for everyone!
    Or Hanrattys – the service and food is good there also, it isn’t in the centre of town, about 5 minute taxi drive out..

odie

Thanks Yvonne, I didn’t think of Redz at all and it would probably suit us.

Gismo

Redz would be perfect and the food is lovely.

yummymummy

and a vodka bar upstairs!!! 🙂

scole1

that would be good…..friend of mine who lived in india went to garam masala (sp) she didn’t like it didn’t think it was great tbh…..never been to redz but with a load of girls suppose great to have the vodka bar there and they do music too…as far as i know and short walk to all the nightclubs too…if wanted to go dancing

Taylor5

Havent been to Redz in years but the food was always fab

rossylisa

bru is a good spot to and then there is a dj up stairs to

scole1

oh the cocktails yummmy

yummymummy

in bru they charge a 10% service charge for parties over 8 and they bloody dont tell you that on the phone when you book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

suffice to say they didnt get it off me when i was there, bloody cheek of them!!!

oh and no where on the menu did it say it either!!!

tulip

hi,

went to d’vine recently and absolutely loved it. They have a great range of very very tasty starters and a few main courses. They usually serve a mix of different starters and maincourses if it is larger group of people. Everybody can try everything and it is just lovely. .. They have a great range of wines.
    The place isn’t very huge so you should book a good bit in advance.

trixiebell
    Participant

the boiled onion is also fab, but if its on a Fri/Sat night, you also need to book in advance, and its onlya short walk from all the pubs and nightclubs!!!

Enjoy!

Edited to say that they have a varied menu, and the deserts are fab!!

odie

tulip, where’s d’vine? Haven’t heard of it at all.

tulip

hi,

sorry haven’t checked the website all week end. D’vine is across the road where Solas used to be. Sorry don’t know the name of the street. It is the little lane going down towards the river when you come out of Redz. The phone number is 041 9800440.

MaryE

Punjabi House (Indian) on the Dublin Road would be good for a hen as food tasty, you may even get a room to yourself & most importantly you can bring your own drink!!! Means you have a great night without spending a fortune.

Star & Crescent is re-opening on the 8th of March with a new look, late night disco bar which would be good after Punjabi house.

Also you could try the newly refurbished Fusion Nightclub.

Earth too young & Storm smells so bad & always full of strange people, no offence to anyone but that is my experience.

Bru is very stylish & modern but never has a good atmosphere in Bar, always a bit dead, no craic.

Borrocco Bar in the westcourt always very lively.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.