Pins and needles.

Home Forums ASK THE EXPERT Pregnancy & Birth Pins and needles.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anne-Marie

I would just like to ask if it’s normal to have pins and needles in your chest???
    I have been having this regularly for the past few months, just below my left breast. I have told my doctor, but all they do is write it down and pass it off as part of pregnancy (which i’m sure is true) I’m just wondering ….is it normal?? and if so, what causes it.

Jedt
    Keymaster

Hi Anne-Marie,

I used to get pins & needles in my hands and feet when pregnant, not sure if thats relevant to you? Maybe you could ask one of the midwives at the hospital about it?

In my experience, midwives are often more willing to answer questions than the doctors. You could ring the hospital and ask for a midwife. I have often called with questions when pregnant and they were very helpful.

Hopefully Tracy, the birth expert, can give you some pointers about it too.

Best of luck.

Anne-Marie

Thanks Sabbi, never actually thought about calling the hospital. I will definately do that. By the way, is 26 weeks too early to be feeling braxton hicks??

TracyDonegan

Hi Anne-Marie,

I would give the hospital a call and see what they say as they’ll be familiar with your medical history. I started to have tightenings this time around from about 25 weeks – on and off and much more so if I was overdoing things or dehydrated. Be sure to drink lots as the weather gets warmer 🙂

Tracy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.