phone connections

Home Forums National Chat phone connections

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    miffym

I need to get extra phone sockets in the house, I would like proper ones, I don’t want lots of cables all over the place, any one know who can do these.

Financial Companion
    Participant

Miffym, you can get extension kits but you would have to run the wires, although if you tack them along the top of skirting it’s not too bad. Otherwise, you would have to be removing sections of skirting and it would be a lot more hassle. Don’t forget if you have broadband that each extension needs the "filter" plug in so that your broadband does not get disconnected when a call comes in 😉

lyn11

Could you not use a multi room cordless system? Only one phone needs a phone socket, the others just need a plug and work off the same line. I have 4 phones connected to the same line this way. These vary in price see the likes of Argos

Financial Companion
    Participant

That would be the easiest thing to do if you just wanted the sockets for phones. If it’s for broadband, a wireless router would do the trick (but be aware if you have the cordless phones it drops your broadband speed slightly, the same if you have one of the things to "bounce" a sky signal from one box to a tv in another room!)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.