phil and teds…opinions

Home Forums National Chat phil and teds…opinions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    scole1

girls just wondering what you think about the phil and teds pros and cons….

looking at one of these and thinking will i or won’t i found a similar version but for cheaper, it’s austrailian and only a few months on the market….. called love n care europa can get atwww.babydirect.ie/ comes with footmuff, raincover, pump and double seat all for 299.99euro….have checked out the pros and cons to this buggy on austrailian sites but would be interested to see what opinions are regards the phil and teds…as in real people’s opinion…if they have an older child how does that child feel in the buggy, what’s it like if they fall asleep and what’s the rainhood like is child’s head hitting off it….the europa has a zip that makes it bigger…

thanks in advance will need to make decsion by weekend as going to view buggy on sat and would like to have notes of what to compare with….

trixiebell
    Participant

HI Scole, sorry havent got a clue, but maybe post this on mm or eumom on the buggy threads as well if you dont get an answer here as some of the girls have gone through every type of bbuggy there is 😆

scole1

thanks a mill, will do that too

Kate

hi scole, its p&t all the way for me! I love it. My daughter will be 3 in december and my son is nearly 1. We used the bag bit first and then when he was about 2 months, transfered him to the seat. It is fantastic. so versatile.

Kids dont mind which bit they sit in which is great, my daughter calls it the secret seat in the back!!

My only downside is that it’s heavy.

I was looking at the vibe but couldnt justify the price for the difference, also I found it a bit fiddley in the shop so went for the sports instead

HTH,

Kate.

chewieodie
    Participant

Hey scole….

Best buy in the world for me…. my two swap around between front and back… and are as happy as can be in it… 😆

Pity about having to make your mind up by the weekend….
    you could borrow mine for a little bit to see how you felt about it in the real world….

i don’t find it heavy…. works great for me….

Kate

oops didn’t mean heavy to push 🙄 – meant when you’re taking it in/out of car its heavy. (Ive a hatchback.) [/i]

scole1

i was getting the baby jogger city mini side by side but was supposed to be here this week but will be another week, problem with shipping so i cancelled it, and the dh decided doesn’t want a side by side…. wants a phil and teds…so wanted to get real peoples opinions…..and when i saw there was a cheaper version my head wrecked so have to have a good look at the 2 of them…..

chewieodie, your ds is roughly sane height as mine and he fits fine in rear does he?…..

Jedt
    Keymaster

I love, love, love my Phil & Teds.

I bought it when I was pg with number 3 and I used it to take the 4 yr old and 2 yr old out in it. I was well able to push it easily, even when I was heavily pregnant.

Then when babs came along, I changed it around to put the new baby in the back and the toddler in the front. (The 4 year old had to start walking then!!)

I have gotten so much use from mine, I think it was a great buy.

You can post in swap shop and see if anyone has one up for sale….or try EuroBaby or Mothercare – they have lots of sales on at moment

Good luck!!

chewieodie
    Participant

Yip, our two are about the same height…

The idea is for the bigger child to be in the front, and the lighter child to be in the back… but honestly… its no odds really….

Just shout, and you can give it a trial run…. try ds in front and back….
    (now to figure out where the cocoon is! 😆

LANA
    Participant

IM WITH THE GIRLS ON THIS, I LOVE MY PHIL & TED ,SOME SHOP OUT THERE DONT HAVE MUCH ROOM FOR THE SIDE BY SIDE SO IT GREAT TO GET AROUND IN .AND IF YOU ONLY HAVE 1 CHILD OUT WITH YOU JUST LEAVE THE EXTRA SEAT AT HOME.

Bookwitch

I tried a side by side and it was awful. The phil and ted is great I used it when the two youngest were 2 and newborn and still use it occasionally they are now 3 and 5. It is heavy to lift in and out of car but if like me you are a non driver it is brilliant

Taylor5

I was going to get the p&t loved how it pushed, took the kids to mothercare… had babs in cocoon and ds1 on top… the sales assistant did comment that ds1 was tall for his age (only about 4 inches taller then your ds1 scole) she did comment that the rain gear wouldnt got over him, we tried and it didnt….. it would have been fine if babs could go in the back and ds1 into the normal pram part, but ds2 was too young and I needed the buggy due to the rainy weather (back in Jan)

LANA
    Participant

HI THERE MY 2 ARE 1& 2 THE THE RAIN COVER GOES OVER THEM OK ,MINE IS THE PHIL & TED DOUBLE STORM COVER, IT COVER THE HOLE BUGGY.

scole1

well girls got my buggy, went with the love n care europa….and must say when i went to see it the woman was very nice, it folds like the p&t but the double seat can stay on which is great, it weighs the same as p&t which i agree is heavy getting in and out of car but either which way it would be the same…..the seats are lovely padded and there’s a lovely padded headrest so great when ds2 underneath, there’s a cover for baby underneath, there’s little pockets on the side of the basket for storing something, the footmuff is lovely really comfy for kids,and an air pump for the tyres, the hood which on p&t didn’t go over his head goes over his head and also there’s a zip that allows for a little extra room which is great and has a little sun visor too and a zip on fly net which i suppose is for the ozzy market, has a double raincover will have to try out…..the handlebars adjust so i had them high for me then dh had low for him….had mudgaurds too and also material that you clip on just to cover the sides when rear seat on…

we will only really need it for a short time, but mainly when we are away and if i get out with the 2 kids together so couldn’t justify spending a load of monet on a p&t so i’m delighted with my purchase, had a walk with it yesterday and was fine to manage means that i can have a walk down the town or even to the shops and not have to scoot off the path for oncoming traffic….

the real tester will be when we are away off to wales next week so will see how it gets on….

thanks girls for all your pros and cons….oh also what do you use to hold bags on when out shopping clips??

Anonymous
    Inactive

hi they are quite expensive, you should look on http://www.ebay.co.uk some people sell them second hand but they are like new. you can get a parcel service to collect the item and deliver to your door(its not as dear as you would think) if you look around because some of them wont post the item. if you got one at a great price it would be worth it. 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.