Phase II Scotch Hall

Home Forums Louth Chat Phase II Scotch Hall

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    kcireland

As they are still in the development stages, what kinds of child friendly facilities would you like to see being incorporated into the design of SHE Phase II.

I think this is a great opportunity to approach the management of SHE with our ideas for a child friendly centre!

Please add on your ideas …..

1. A food court with child friendly soft toys play area;

scole1

decent food for kids a healthy option in a play area for kids…..in a cafe for moms with buggy park facilities, bottle heating, a breast feeding rooms and also decent baby change rather than in a disabled toilet…..

Taylor5

Yeah I’d second that, they should look at the laurances centre to see how lovely the baby room is, comfy chair for feeding, a microwave etc…

Somewhere nice to eat, good healty food not muffins and rolls.

joey_rudd

somewhere to leave your buggy if you need to do shopping because its hard to deal with a buggy to and a trolley

Taylor5

Thats a great idea Joey, you wouldnt even mind if you had to pay a few euro (like a cloakroom)

Anonymous
    Inactive

One thing that really annoys me about Scotch Hall and there are many is there are only toilets on the ground level, which means having a coffee upstairs have to cart everything back down. Not to mention the lifts 👿 👿 The travelators only go one way 👿 👿
    Thankfully passed the stage of having to use the baby facilities, in scotch hall on sat, having a coffee lads needed to go to the toilet, we ran downstairs, and the cubicle we normally go into was occupied, ds looked under the door to tell them to get out 😆 😆

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would agree about the toilets. Better changing facilities are needed and SEPARATE feeding room. It’s not pleasant to sit and try and feed a hungry baby with music blaring out of the ceiling, the smell of the toilet and the knowledge that a queue is forming outside the door!

Also, more ‘family’ toilets ie. ones that it is possible to get a buggy through the door of.

And more lifts/travellators. Less kiddie rides!

I’m really looking forward to seeing the new bit. It sounds like it will have a lot to offer.

noeleenw

the lifts are brutal , 😈 and the travelator system isnt much better

Moonflower

Agree with all points so far…..

Buggy minding system…very good idea Joey and so needed

Baby Change and Feeding Room, needs to be improved with bottle warming facilities, breast feeding area, communal changing area as well as private cubicle…if you are in a rush just need to be able to change and go and not have to wait for the only one available to become free..

More Lifts/Travelators….no esculators…far too dangerous with young children

Food Court with choice of different foods, and comfortable seating area to enjoy food…..and of course lovely soft play area for children

Parent & child parking spaces……none in Scotch hall at all….why???

joey_rudd

my dh said he wants more shops for men because he was in scotch hall earlier looking for slippers but couldn’t get any 😆

Taylor5

Moonflower there is parent and baby parking on every level of the car park, there is 4 spaces. If you are after using the main/double lifts in the middle of the shopping centre, well when you walk into the car park look over onto the far wall and you’ll see a huge sign across the wall saying "parent and baby". I did speak to my brother about why that area was chosen and not the 4 spaces right outside the door beside the disabled parking spots….. he didnt give me an answer and told me I should be happy with the 4 spaces. Think I’ll complain to managment, will get brother more work if he has to move the sign 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Oh I’ll second the lifts are shite, so slow and way tooo small for people with buggies and trollies, wouldnt like to get out of there if there was a fire

ed1
    Participant

I agree with everyone, we definitely need a good food hall and more toilet facilities. its a pain when you are upstairs in scotch hall and one of the kids needs a loo. its a long walk with a child from upstairs in next to the toilet downstairs ❗ ❗

Gismo

I agree with all points above. The facilities in sh as it is are really bad for mother and baby especially the changing facilities.

noeleenw

have to say the marshes in dundalk has the worst toilet facilities ever , i am pregnant if you are in dunnes you have to go the length of the centre to go to toilet 😈 😈 drives me mad

kcireland

Thanks for all the great ideas … I will be putting a letter together over the next week and let you know the results!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.